Author Topic: Suddenly started getting "Connection error (Failed to reach the server)!" errors  (Read 5486 times)

Offline launcap

Hi all,

I've used Roundcube for a number of years (used the Ubuntu package and didn't upgrade). In the last day or so, I've been getting the above error.

My IMAP server is still up and working (I can get emails in Thunderbird and on my phone), no errors are logged in the debug files and I'm utterly mystified.

Just in case something was wrong, I set it up on a spare web server (Devuan, up to date) and got the same error.

The above error only happens in Firefox Quantum (my default browser) - if I use IE11 (spit) it seems to work.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Phil

Offline launcap

PS: Forgot to say - I also updated Roundcube to the latest stable version as well. Same error.

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
How are you trying to connect to the mail server?

Offline launcap

I've solved the issue - embarrasingly enough it's the new NoScript plugin for FF57 - it behaves slightly and subtly differently from the pre-FF57 version. When you make a site 'trusted', it doesn't make everything trusted ) just scripts. You have to manually allow the other things ( object media frame font webgl fetch other )..

Once I did that, it all worked quite happily.

Oh well - at least it made me upgrade to the latest version!

Thank you for the response.

Cheers,
Phil