Author Topic: IMAP Error: Login failed  (Read 27264 times)

Offline FoxFrenzy

IMAP Error: Login failed
« on: December 09, 2017, 02:50:41 PM »
I am suffering here.
I keep getting this error trying to log into the IMAP server:
CODE: SELECT ALL
[date]: <obngv6j8> IMAP Error: Login failed for test from internetip(X-Forwarded-For: mypublicip). Could not connect to ssl://mail.mydomain.com:993: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Hmail diagnostics:
Test: Collect server details
hMailServer version: hMailServer 5.6.6-B2383
Database type: MySQL

Test: Test IPv6
IPv6 support is available in operating system.

Test: Test outbound port
SMTP relayer not in use. Attempting mail.hmailserver.com:25...
Trying to connect to host mail.hmailserver.com...
Trying to connect to TCP/IP address unknownip on port 25.
Received: 220 mail.hmailserver.com ESMTP.
Connected successfully.

Test: Test backup directory
ERROR: Backup directory has not been specified.

Test: Test MX records
Trying to resolve MX records for mydomain.com...
Host name found: mx.mydomain.com

Test: Test local connect
Connecting to TCP/IP address in MX records for local domain domain tctgaming.com...
Trying to connect to host mx.mydomain.com...
ERROR: The host name mx.tctgaming.com could not be resolved.
ERROR: Was not able to open connection.

Test: Test message file locations
Relative message paths are stored in the database for all messages.

Test: Test IP range configuration
No problems were found in the IP range configuration.

Roundcube Config:
$config = array();
$config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://root:XXXX@localhost/mxdb';
$config['default_host'] = 'mail.mydomain.com';
$rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = null;
$config['default_port'] = 993;
$config['username_domain_forced'] = false;
$config['smtp_server'] = 'ssl://mail.mydomain.com';
$rcmail_config['mail_domain'] = 'mail.mydomain.com';
$config['smtp_port'] = 465;
$config['smtp_user'] = '%u';
$config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';
$config['support_url'] = '';
$config['product_name'] = 'Not important';
$config['des_key'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';
$config['plugins'] = array('xskin');
$config['skin'] = 'litecube-f';
$config['enable_installer'] = false;
$config['mime_types'] = '/apache2.4.23/conf/mime.types';
$config['language'] = 'en_US';
$config['license_key'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';

Notes:
I am running WAMP.
I am using LetsEncrypt to self-sign SSL certificates.
Everything on the server works just fine.
Ports are forwarded through the firewallS correctly.

[rant]I love how documentation on the majority of open-source programming can easily fit on a single 8.5x11 sheet of copy paper. "Yeah, just click here, put this in, copy that here, and enjoy! :) :) :)" How is the documentation on a pair of SCISSORS more thorough than anything you find on Github?[/rant] *Whimper* I've been at this for a while...can you tell?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:06:39 PM by FoxFrenzy »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: IMAP Error: Login failed
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 03:01:18 PM »
So this is a networking problem not directly a Roundcube problem. Is Roundcube on the same server as the mail server?

Config questions / comments:
Code: [Select]
This wont be used, only $config variables are read.

$config['license_key']
What is this from?

[rant]I love how documentation on the majority of open-source programming can easily fit on a single 8.5x11 sheet of copy paper. "Yeah, just click here, put this in, copy that here, and enjoy! :) :) :)" How is the documentation on a pair of SCISSORS more thorough than anything you find on Github?[/rant] *Whimper* I've been at this for a while...can you tell?
Contributions are welcome  ;)

Offline FoxFrenzy

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 03:24:23 PM »
So this is a networking problem not directly a Roundcube problem. Is Roundcube on the same server as the mail server?
I'm assuming so.  Yes, I'm self-serving the website, the email, everything.  I thought it had something to do with apache, but apache doesn't touch non-HTTP(S) requests.

Config questions / comments:
This wont be used, only $config variables are read.
Ok

$config['license_key']
What is this from?
Skin

Offline FoxFrenzy

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 07:53:57 PM »
So I made some headway on my own, but now Roundcube is about to get a kick in the teeth:

[10-Dec-2017 00:34:12 UTC] PHP Warning:  mt_rand(): max(-1) is smaller than min(1) in O:\Website\wamp64\www\roundcube\plugins\xframework\common\Plugin.php on line 1567

[10-Dec-2017 00:34:12 UTC] PHP Stack trace:

[10-Dec-2017 00:34:12 UTC] PHP   1. {main}() O:\Website\wamp64\www\roundcube\index.php:0

[10-Dec-2017 00:34:12 UTC] PHP   2. rcmail_output_html->send() O:\Website\wamp64\www\roundcube\index.php:316

[10-Dec-2017 00:34:12 UTC] PHP   3. rcmail_output_html->parse() O:\Website\wamp64\www\roundcube\program\include\rcmail_output_html.php:489

[10-Dec-2017 00:34:12 UTC] PHP   4. rcube_plugin_api->exec_hook() O:\Website\wamp64\www\roundcube\program\include\rcmail_output_html.php:638

[10-Dec-2017 00:34:12 UTC] PHP   5. call_user_func:{O:\Website\wamp64\www\roundcube\program\lib\Roundcube\rcube_plugin_api.php:440}() O:\Website\wamp64\www\roundcube\program\lib\Roundcube\rcube_plugin_api.php:440

[10-Dec-2017 00:34:12 UTC] PHP   6. XFramework\Plugin->hookRenderPage() O:\Website\wamp64\www\roundcube\program\lib\Roundcube\rcube_plugin_api.php:440

[10-Dec-2017 00:34:12 UTC] PHP   7. XFramework\Plugin->runAsl() O:\Website\wamp64\www\roundcube\plugins\xframework\common\Plugin.php:328

[10-Dec-2017 00:34:12 UTC] PHP   8. mt_rand() O:\Website\wamp64\www\roundcube\plugins\xframework\common\Plugin.php:1567

[10-Dec-2017 00:34:12 +0000]: <kuhmef2l> DB Error: [1064] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 (SQL Query: INSERT INTO `system` (name, value) VALUES ('xid', )) in O:\Website\wamp64\www\roundcube\program\lib\Roundcube\rcube_db.php on line 543 (GET /?_task=mail&_token=vXrYbZ3p2jgBX1OCGooliy8eHYZnnaJF)

You FORCED me, Roundcube, to let you install the database yourself.  I gave you the host and the login and you created your own schema, built your own tables and wrote your own queries.  I ASSUMED YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING!   >:( >:(

Offline alec

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 03:33:11 AM »
The issue comes from xframework plugin, which is not the Roundcube official plugin. You should probably ask its author.

Offline FoxFrenzy

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »
Fixed that.  Issue was with PHP Integers.