Author Topic: PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PEAR::raiseError()  (Read 5475 times)

Offline bennypr0fane

PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PEAR::raiseError()
« on: December 21, 2017, 05:22:35 PM »
I can receive but not send mail, I'm getting this error:
Code: [Select]
PHP Deprecated:  Non-static method PEAR::raiseError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/home/ben/www/apps/roundcubemail-1.0.12/program/lib/Net/SMTP.php on line 449Net-searching for it, I found this: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/4770

I find that thread confusing, it seems inconclusive for which version the problem is fixed and under what conditions. I have RC installed on a shared host, so I guess I need to use a "Complete" package, and I want to go LTS, but on the  download page https://roundcube.net/download/ it doesn't become clear which is Complete and LTS

Currently I'm using RC 1.0.12 because it's listed as latest LTS.
1.1.10 doesn't say "LTS" next to it, but it has the two asterisks ** where the footnote refers to LTS releases
So is 1.1.10 LTS or not?

Does an LTS version exist where the issue is fixed and that I can install on a shared host?

Offline alec

Re: PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PEAR::raiseError()
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 01:07:31 AM »
If this is new installation just use 1.3.3. Our LTS releases are in low maintenance mode and are only for those who can't upgrade for any reason.

Offline bennypr0fane

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 11:27:11 AM »
If this is new installation just use 1.3.3. Our LTS releases are in low maintenance mode and are only for those who can't upgrade for any reason.
So this means fixes to severe issues don't get backported to LTS versions? Because in that cause the LTS tag seems a bit misleading and they should just be named out of date.

Offline alec

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 02:17:38 PM »
This is explained on the webpage. " Long Term Support with low maintenance mode. This means only security updates and rare fixes of serious issues will go into these release branches."

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 02:25:34 PM »
So this means fixes to severe issues don't get backported to LTS versions? Because in that cause the LTS tag seems a bit misleading and they should just be named out of date.
LTS means "Long Term Support" and typical means that its gets security updates not any major or breaking changes. In order to correct this problem you'd have to update the PEAR version which could in turn cause other problems for users who are running on older version of PHP for example.

I would also not classify this problem as "severe" since as you noted everything works as expected. The notification your getting is just a depreciation notice and doesn't effect functionality.

Offline bennypr0fane

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 06:35:59 AM »
I would also not classify this problem as "severe" since as you noted everything works as expected. The notification your getting is just a depreciation notice and doesn't effect functionality.
But it does! I can't send mail.  SMTP config testing fails.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
That deprecated notice isn't the reason why SMTP doesn't work. You should check your config and make sure its correct.