Author Topic: cannot connect mariadb 10 or 5 to roundcube  (Read 3645 times)

Offline rubendebeuze

cannot connect mariadb 10 or 5 to roundcube
« on: December 29, 2017, 05:22:28 PM »
hello, i am ruben a 17 year old boy from the netherlands sorry for my english ;)

i have a synology nas with rouncube webmail form the synology store. but i want to add other styles and custumize it so i have download the complete install newest version from the roundcube site and i have placed it in my web direction on my nas. with web station i have forward that map to webmail.mydomain.nl. after i did this i went to webmail.mydomain.nl/installer and i got the installer everting goes fine but one thing didn't. the database setup section by database type i have select MySQL. by Database server localhost. by databasename roundcubemail(i have made a empty database bofore with phpmyadmin and called it roundcubemail) by database username i also have roundcube mail(the user i have made when ik made the database) and the password if i go to the test config page it says this

Check DB config
DSN (write):  NOT OK(SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'roundcubemail'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
Make sure that the configured database exists and that the user has write privileges
DSN: mysql://roundcubemail:roundcubemail@localhost/roundcubemail

what did i do wrong?

Offline rm13

Re: cannot connect mariadb 10 or 5 to roundcube
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:48:14 PM »
There are synology forums for customizing their installs.

Looks like either Roundcube isn't configured to access the right database or the database is not configured to allow Roundcube access.