Author Topic: Can't attach file  (Read 13701 times)

Offline Mark

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Can't attach file
« on: August 01, 2006, 10:15:27 AM »
Hi,

when I try to attach a file I get the browse/upload box, I select a file and click on "upload". It seems to do something but the file will not be displayed. When I send the mail anyway it doesn't contain the attachment. When I look into the "temp" directory it creates a folder like "23745686944cf5cc24c809" and in it a file like "rcmAttmntih4php" but the file is empty.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Mark  

Offline flosoft

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 349
    • http://flosoft.biz
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 06:06:30 PM »
Maybe PHP Upload Limit?

Offline Mark

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:45:34 PM »
Quote from: flosoft
Maybe PHP Upload Limit?

I also have this problem with small files. Above all with other (PHP) scripts I can upload files without any problem.

Mark

Reload

  • Guest
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 02:27:22 AM »
Quote from: Mark
Hi,

when I try to attach a file I get the browse/upload box, I select a file and click on "upload". It seems to do something but the file will not be displayed. When I send the mail anyway it doesn't contain the attachment. When I look into the "temp" directory it creates a folder like "23745686944cf5cc24c809" and in it a file like "rcmAttmntih4php" but the file is empty.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Mark  

This problem is caused by the server running in Safemode....  :'(

Offline Slug

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 76
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Mark
Quote from: flosoft
Maybe PHP Upload Limit?

I also have this problem with small files. Above all with other (PHP) scripts I can upload files without any problem.

Mark


Let me guess, your on Windows....

Michael
Roundcube SVN 1335|PHP 5.2.4|hMailServer 5|Win 2003 SP2|IIS 6

Offline Mark

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 03:51:04 PM »
Quote
Let me guess, your on Windows....

No, it's a LAMP server with PHP 5.1.4.

Mark

Offline Slug

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 76
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 05:49:43 AM »
Quote from: Mark
Quote
Let me guess, your on Windows....

No, it's a LAMP server with PHP 5.1.4.

Mark

I had the same issue with RC on windows.... I ended up having to type the full location c:\ blah blah\temp, as /temp didnt work.

Michael
Roundcube SVN 1335|PHP 5.2.4|hMailServer 5|Win 2003 SP2|IIS 6

Offline Mark

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 08:55:16 AM »
Quote from: Slug
I had the same issue with RC on windows.... I ended up having to type the full location c:\ blah blah\temp, as /temp didnt work.

As it writes something into the temp folder while uploading a file, I dont't think the problem is the path.

Quote from: Reload
This problem is caused by the server running in Safemode....  :'(

Hm... does anyone know more about that? I wonder why other scripts dont't have problems loading up files. I just tested a script which uses the function move_uploaded_file().

Mark

Offline Slug

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 76
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 11:11:35 AM »
Quote from: Mark
Quote from: Slug
I had the same issue with RC on windows.... I ended up having to type the full location c:\ blah blah\temp, as /temp didnt work.

As it writes something into the temp folder while uploading a file, I dont't think the problem is the path.


Thats what I thought, but I was wrong. Mine also wrote in the temp folder (added new folder) but this was always empty..

Michael
Roundcube SVN 1335|PHP 5.2.4|hMailServer 5|Win 2003 SP2|IIS 6

Offline Mark

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 02:37:55 PM »
Quote from: Slug
Thats what I thought, but I was wrong. Mine also wrote in the temp folder (added new folder) but this was always empty..

Unfortunately it neither works with the whole path. :-[

Mark

Offline SKaero

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5,536
    • http://SKaero.com/
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 03:21:47 PM »
Well the sever my be in safe mode, try do do php mail, the only thing i can think of that does it is e107 at http://e107.org If you put that on the sever then login go to Admin Areas and then go to mail and send and email, if it fales the sever is in php safe mode

Offline Mana

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 08:54:45 AM »
I have the same issue with latest SVN. Some tempfile gets created, but not file is attached. i can send mails without attachment pretty fine .. this account has safemode enabled but the php-knowledge that i have, honestly i dont understand why this should hinder attaching files?

i will disable safemode and try again ...

Offline Mana

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 09:04:34 AM »
disabling safemode helps. it works now, though an anoying javascript alert apears that prints out the href for the delete action on an attachment *lol*

Offline Red5

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Re: Can't attach file
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 10:15:09 AM »
Quote from: Mana
disabling safemode helps. it works now, though an anoying javascript alert apears that prints out the href for the delete action on an attachment *lol*

The hosting server I'm using runs in safe mode and attachments work fine. Except I get the same alert with an