Author Topic: unable to colapse or expand folders after update  (Read 4881 times)

Offline yesyes

unable to colapse or expand folders after update
« on: January 21, 2018, 11:34:55 AM »
Hi,
I have a web server running CentOS Web Panel including Roundcube 1.2.3.
Recently I have updated Linux including the kernel (because of Meltdown/Spectre) and also the CentOS Web Panel version to 0.9.8.273.

Since then I have one problem in Roundcube. I can't expand or collapse folders. The Folders are in the state they were before the update (expanded or collapsed). When I click on the icon in front of the folder name to expand/collapse a folder I get "Server error! (Forbidden)" in a red box for a fraction of a second and the folder goes back to its previous expanded/collapsed state.

Everything else seems to work fine. I can move emails to folders that I can see. I can create or delete folders. I just can't collapse or expand folders, even newly created ones.

It seems that Roundcube can't access whereever it stores the folder states. But I don't know where it stores that.

Any idea what I can do to fix this, please?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: unable to colapse or expand folders after update
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 08:44:14 PM »
Are there any errors in the browser JS console and are there any errors in Roundcube error log?

Offline yesyes

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 07:44:04 AM »
In the Roundcube error log I don't get errors when I try to expand/collapse a folder. However, there are a few entries from the day when I did the upgrade. (roughly the time I did the CWP update, the Linux update was done later that day)

Code: [Select]
[14-Jan-2018 12:56:33 Europe/London] MDB2 Error: insufficient permissions (-27): _doConnect: [Error message: Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)]
[Native code: 1045]
[Native message: Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)]

[14-Jan-2018 12:56:34 +0000]: DB Error: _doConnect: [Error message: Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)]
[Native message: Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)]
 ** mysqli(mysqli)://roundcube:xxx@localhost/roundcube in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/roundcube/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 107 (GET /roundcube/?_task=mail&_action=check-recent&_mbox=INBOX&_list=1&_quota=1&_remote=1&_unlock=0&_=1515934472691)
[14-Jan-2018 12:57:39 Europe/London] MDB2 Error: insufficient permissions (-27): _doConnect: [Error message: Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)]

[14-Jan-2018 12:57:39 +0000]: DB Error: _doConnect: [Error message: Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)]
 ** mysqli(mysqli)://roundcube:xxx@localhost/roundcube in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/roundcube/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 107 (GET /roundcube/?_task=mail&_action=check-recent&_mbox=INBOX&_list=1&_quota=1&_remote=1&_unlock=0&_=1515934537338)

I'm not very familiar with the debug console in Firefox, but attached is a screenshot of what I get when I enable it and then try to collapse / expand a folder.

Does this shed any more light on the problem?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 08:07:46 AM »
You said you are running Roundcube version 1.2.3 but you cannot be. In your error log it shows errors coming from roundcube/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php. The MDB2 package has not been part of Roundcube since 0.8. Roundcube moved to PDO in 0.9. If you check index.php in the root of your Roundcube install (from your logs thats going to be: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/roundcube/index.php) it should have the version number at the top. If it says anything newer than 0.8 then somewhere along the way something has gone very wrong and your best course of action would probably be a fresh install. Remember to backup first. And if it does say 0.8, thats really really old and you should update it.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline yesyes

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 09:06:14 AM »
Oh, that's weird...

The index.php starts with
Code: [Select]
| Roundcube Webmail IMAP Client                                           |
 | Version 0.8.5                                                           |
 |                                                                         |
 | Copyright (C) 2005-2012, The Roundcube Dev Team                         |

But in the web interface Settings -> About it shows 1.2.3

Maybe the CWP update did only a partial update of Roundcube?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 02:58:32 AM »
I don't know anything about cwp. the safest thing to do is probably a fresh install
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:09:42 AM by JohnDoh »
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline yesyes

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 11:14:34 AM »
Thanks a lot for that!
I have now upgraded to 1.3.4 and I can expand / collapse folders again.
In the meantime I had noticed that I was also not able to send emails from Roundcube (I rarely send / reply from Roundcube). This now also works again.

Weirdly, in Settings -> About I still see version 1.2.3 as on the screenshot I posted earlier. But the index.php shows 1.3.4 and everything seems to work now.

So thanks again!

Chris