Author Topic: help with address book searches, autocomplete  (Read 2983 times)

Offline johnw

help with address book searches, autocomplete
« on: January 31, 2018, 06:51:02 PM »
New to Roundcube, coming from a squirrely product and so far enjoying the huge step up.  But we are having difficulties making sense of the address book searches and the autocomplete.

We are on RHEL7, with roundcubemail-1.1.10-1.el7 installed from EPEL.
Active Directory LDAP address book backend, plus personal addressbooks on MariaDB - all working fine

Here's where we need some guidance from the community...

The config.inc.php file can have:
contactlist_fields
search_fields
fieldmap
name_field,email_field,surname_field

QUESTION #1:
contactlist_fields affects basic address book searches and autocomplete.  We have primary email addresses and alias or secondary addresses.
using this convention in fieldmap works:

'email:Primary'     => 'mail:*',
    'email:Alias'       => 'otherMailbox:*',

But we can't seem to reference them by field name in contactlist_fields.  We have to use "email".
When we do this, we get ALL email addresses appearing in the pick list for autocompletes. 
Is there a configuration to match any email address in those attributes BUT only offer the primary email attribute value in the autocomplete pick list?
Some of our users have up to 100 alias addresses, and this makes a mess of the autocomplete.

QUESTION #2:
what exactly is search_fields supposed to do? 
-It doesn't seem to have any impact at all on any searches or autocompletes.
Do name_field, email_field, surname_field have anything to do with searches or autocomplete?
[sorry that's 2 questions in 1]

[We also have the issue with "user not found" and the advanced address book issue for users with >1 address book, which I know was patched and I'm surprised it's not in the current EPEL RPM.  I will solve that later :]

We are trying to avoid what happened to us with the squirrel - MANY custom PHP code changes, making upgrades very difficult.  I really like this product, I hope we can get it to do what we need w/o too much difficulty.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
John

Offline johnw

Re: help with address book searches, autocomplete
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 01:08:30 PM »
Never mind we figured out a way to make things work.  Seems like a lot of the posts here go without replies of any kind.  I'm wondering, is it the questions that are asked?  Is it that no one has anything to add?  Hopefully in the future I have better luck with the forum... thanks for looking
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 01:13:58 PM by johnw »