Author Topic: Out of Office Messages?  (Read 2783 times)

Offline kwriley87

Out of Office Messages?
« on: February 07, 2018, 10:50:12 AM »
Hi all

I am very new to Roundcube and have a successful installation of HMail with Roundcube on a Windows box. I noticed that Roundcube doesn't have a built in ability to set out of office messages.. After doing some searching, I came across the plugin managesieve but when I enable it, I get a "can't connect to server" message.

Can anyone provide guidance on how to get managesieve configured to work with Roundcube or let me know if there's another way to enable out of office messages from within Roundcube?

Thanks!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Out of Office Messages?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 02:45:25 AM »
As you already noticed you need a plugin. If Roundcube itself was in charge of the out of office message then they would only get sent while the user was logged in (because it is a client) the better way is to setup your message on the server, that way it works all the time.

To use the managesieve plugin you need to be running a managesieve server (and use sieve for doing filtering etc) AFAIK hmailserver does not support sieve. I found this plugin in the repo though https://plugins.roundcube.net/packages/tunis78/hms_autoreply may be it does what you need?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦