Author Topic: 1.3.4 Breaks SVG Image Rendering in Messages?  (Read 3002 times)

Offline telecom2k3

1.3.4 Breaks SVG Image Rendering in Messages?
« on: February 09, 2018, 08:08:04 AM »
In 1.3.3, I could send SVG images and they would be displayed in the message.  After the upgrade to 1.3.4, SVG images are no longer displayed, and are just available for download only.  JPEG/PNG/GIFS/BMP/TIF formats all work as expected.

Has anybody else encountered this?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: 1.3.4 Breaks SVG Image Rendering in Messages?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 04:28:50 AM »
svgs display inline ok for me. may be check the content type set for the attachment in the message source? see if it says its an svg or something else. from the changelog it does not appear there were any changes between 1.3.3 and 1.3.4 that related to the inline display so was there anything else on the server that changed when you updated roundcube? may be something related to the mime type detection?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline telecom2k3

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 08:00:02 AM »

1) I frequently tweak things in Roundcube, although not at the time of upgrade.  2) Mime Typing?  Maybe, I do use a pretty extensive mime.types file c/o Apache.  I notice that with 1.3.4, a mimetypes.php file appears in the config directory; who knows why?  Funny, there aren't any image types specified in that mimetypes.php file at all.  3) Yes, Roundcube's changelogs don't mention anything.  But they don't mention the mimetypes.php file, either.

Strange thing yesterday, was that I fired up Firefox and logged in and it worked fine.  I went back to Chrome, which I normally use, and it looked fine there also.  Great!  I logged off and back on with Chrome.  Still good.  Existed Chrome, restarted, and logged back in.  Still good!  Reset Apache 2.4 server, and Chrome did not render the SVG images.  Firefox continued to work.  Ran Chrome's Developer Tools; nothing unusual observed.  Nothing logged in the Apache logs, or Roudcube's logs/errors.  Ran some errands, and came back to find Chrome working fine.  Firefox continues to work.  15 hours later, things are still working.  This is a strange problem.  Roundcube's image functions are straight-up PHP, no Javascript.

I will continue to monitor.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 01:32:49 PM »
Do you use any browser extensions? Maybe one of them is interfering with the SVG's.