Author Topic: messages not being sent out  (Read 2212 times)

Offline XyZd9F7

messages not being sent out
« on: February 19, 2018, 04:57:25 AM »
Hi
I have a website through i-page.com and they also provide email services with that website. Their webmail service is roundcube. I am not sure how you guys fit into the picture but maybe you can help me anyway.
I am experiencing a lot of problems with the email:
* My website stopped sending out self generated messages, e.g. when people register for a class they are supposed to get a confirmation email but the system doesn't send it out anymore.
* Quite often when I send messages from my email account they don't arrive in the recipient's inbox, likewise a lot of messages that are being sent to me don't arrive in my inbox. This problem is intermittent so I never know when my email system works properly and when not. This is way to unreliable to use for business.

The customer service at i-page has run me through the same "set-up" protocol a dozen times already and can't fix the problem but also don't let me speak to a knowledgeable tech support member. I was wondering if you guys have any solutions or at least ideas what to look for.

THANKS . . .

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: messages not being sent out
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »
Roundcube is a webmail client that your host is using to allow to read and send email on there email servers.

From the problems you describe I would assume the problems are one of (or a mix of both) the following two things:
1. The mail server thats part of your hosting is not working all of the time.
2. The server your sending email has been blacklisted as spam.

What I'd recommend is changing web hosting providers. The one your currently using belongs to EIG (Endurance International Group) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group which is widely agreed to be the worst company in the hosting industry. They buy out brands that have a good reputation and then over fill the servers and outsource the support which leaves all the customers with terrible service that will always have problems like the ones that your having. A good resource is http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ which would be able to help find your a better hosting provider, just make sure its not owned by EIG or you'll just have the same problems again.

Offline XyZd9F7

Re: messages not being sent out
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 09:24:14 PM »
Hi Skaero
thank you very much for the advice and info. I am kind of new to the whole web hosting and related things and appreciate any advice I can get.
Thanks . . .