Author Topic: users can not change their passwords (version 1.3.4)  (Read 4407 times)

Offline murdocklawless

users can not change their passwords (version 1.3.4)
« on: February 19, 2018, 06:37:21 AM »
I've installed vestacp to my vps and roundcube mail came with version 1.20 beta. then I've upgraded roudcube to 1.3.4 but users can not change their passwords. I've tried a lot of things which I've seen on other forums but nothing changed. It's working like a charm except password change.

is there any solutions for versiyon 1.3.4 ?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: users can not change their passwords (version 1.3.4)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 02:01:56 PM »
I don't know that much about vestacp to know what email system they use. Did Roundcube that the ability to change password with the 1.2.0 beta that it came with?

Offline murdocklawless

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 03:12:57 PM »
I don't know that much about vestacp to know what email system they use. Did Roundcube that the ability to change password with the 1.2.0 beta that it came with?

vestacp came with exim, dovecot and roundcube. 1.20 version also didn't change the user passwords, but I made some changes in config files and it's able to change passwords. I made same changes in 1.3.4 bu it didn't work.

Offline telecom2k3

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 05:02:07 PM »
Ok.  Roundcube Core doesn't have a password change utility.  That is provided by a third-party plugin.  Vesta would be the best place to seek answers.  I saw your post in their little forum, but you might have better success opening an issue at Vestra Developer Serghev's github page: https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/issues.  As for your error: "DB Error: [1305] FUNCTION roundcube.update_passwd does not exist (SQL Query: SELECT update_passwd('$1$cpSPQLYD$Q/YC/LIMdjAxYiCRpb7991', 'mail@domain.com')) in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 543 (POST /webmail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save)", something isn't quite as it seems.  The way I understand it, you should have downloaded Serghev's vestra.php file into the password plugin's "drivers" folder.  You should then ensure that "vestra" is selected as the driver in the password plugin's config.inc.php file.  Serghev's Vesta module doesn't modify a database directly.  By default, unless otherwise configured, it does a web logon to "localhost" port "8083" to accomplish the password change.  The fact that you're getting SQL errors tells me that the config.inc.php file is not properly setup.  In other words, you're not using the Vesta driver file.  You can find the Vesta driver file here:  https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/blob/master/install/rhel/7/roundcube/vesta.php.  Hope this helps.

Offline murdocklawless

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 08:26:43 AM »
Ok.  Roundcube Core doesn't have a password change utility.  That is provided by a third-party plugin.  Vesta would be the best place to seek answers.  I saw your post in their little forum, but you might have better success opening an issue at Vestra Developer Serghev's github page: https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/issues.  As for your error: "DB Error: [1305] FUNCTION roundcube.update_passwd does not exist (SQL Query: SELECT update_passwd('$1$cpSPQLYD$Q/YC/LIMdjAxYiCRpb7991', 'mail@domain.com')) in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 543 (POST /webmail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save)", something isn't quite as it seems.  The way I understand it, you should have downloaded Serghev's vestra.php file into the password plugin's "drivers" folder.  You should then ensure that "vestra" is selected as the driver in the password plugin's config.inc.php file.  Serghev's Vesta module doesn't modify a database directly.  By default, unless otherwise configured, it does a web logon to "localhost" port "8083" to accomplish the password change.  The fact that you're getting SQL errors tells me that the config.inc.php file is not properly setup.  In other words, you're not using the Vesta driver file.  You can find the Vesta driver file here:  https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/blob/master/install/rhel/7/roundcube/vesta.php.  Hope this helps.

I've already changed vesta.php with link you gave me and config.php shows vesta driver. something wrong but I coundn't figured out.