Author Topic: All folders missing  (Read 3003 times)

Offline lynnechapman

All folders missing
« on: February 28, 2018, 04:34:30 AM »
Hi everyone
I am the administrator of The Stephen Sondheim Society. My webmaster has changed the servers which means that my web emails now comes through Roundcube (and in so doing he has lost me the last 15 years of emails from the old server but that's another story). I went on to Roundcube a couple of days ago and managed to use it but when I went back on today there are no folders on the left hand side. It just opens straight into a list of emails. How do I get the folders back please? I saw something online about having to subscribe but the subscribe boxes are all checked I think.
Please can someone help me.
Thanks
Lynne

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: All folders missing
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:43:07 AM »
when you say there are no folders on the left hand side. do you mean that the folder list is there but only shows inbox? does you screen look something like this? https://roundcube.net/images/screens/mailview.jpg or do you mean there is no folder list at all. there are no options in the standard roundcube skins to hide the folder list so if the latter is the case then perhaps your webmaster has installed a custom skin?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline lynnechapman

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 12:55:27 PM »
Hi
I mean that the folders were all there when I first went into it but now there are no folders at all, it just opens straight into a list of emails. My webmaster hasn't done anything to it. I have attached a screenshot.
Thanks
Lynne

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 03:53:33 AM »
I see you are using a third party skin. Probably your best bet is to ask the author of that skin for help. Unless someone here recognises it and can offer any advice.

Just out of interest, the folder icon, the first icon below the blue bar on the left hand side, what does that do?

Offline lynnechapman

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 06:01:49 AM »
Thanks but I don't understand what a third party skin is. I just followed the web address that the server host gave us and that is how it opens. It's tshosts
Lynne

Offline lynnechapman

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 10:38:55 AM »
The folder icon shows a list of folders. Screenshot attached.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 10:50:01 AM »
Roundcube is distributed with 2 different skins called Classic and Larry. These are the "core" skins. The screenshot you showed does not look like either of them. This means that the people who are running your webmail are using a skin made by someone else, a third party.

I see that clicking that icon does indeed bring up the folder list so I guess you've got what you need now any way. If something is still missing then you I think you are going to have to talk to the people who run your email. Roundcube is the name of the webmail software they are using to give you web based access to your email. It is not a email service.