Author Topic: Broken theme after update to 1.3.5  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Bebef

Broken theme after update to 1.3.5
« on: March 16, 2018, 12:57:38 PM »
Hi everyone!

After updating from 1.3.3 to 1.3.5 I got issues with the larry theme. Suddenly every font everywhere had shadows and the mobile theme (Melanie2) was broken completely. Most of the shadows seemed to originate in jquery.mobile-1.4.5.min.css, but not all of them. I removed all text-shadow from all CSS files which helped with the shadow and also fixed the mobile theme, but I have other issues like the subject lines always stay bold regardless of read status.
I also can't change anything in the User Interface preferences because the Save button always is grey.

Is there a way to fix the theme or maybe "reset" the whole installation? Maybe it's time for a fresh install? Only thing is that I don't want to lose any settings/configurations.

Best
  Steffen

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Broken theme after update to 1.3.5
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 07:32:38 PM »
You should contact the skin author and see if there is an update available for the skin.

Offline Bebef

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 03:23:08 AM »
You should contact the skin author and see if there is an update available for the skin.

And the skin author will tell me how to "reset" my roundcube installation without losing any settings?  ???

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:14:37 AM »
I think you need a new version of the skin.

Offline Bebef

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 08:31:28 AM »
I think you need a new version of the skin.

OK, but isn't the Larry theme bundled with Roundcube? Shouldn't that "just work"?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 10:54:01 AM »
The Larry theme should work, but it sounds like where your problem is coming from is the mobile theme Melanie2.

Offline Bebef

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 02:38:50 AM »
The Larry theme should work, but it sounds like where your problem is coming from is the mobile theme Melanie2.

That and PEBKAC.  ::)

I couldn't understand how one theme would break the other. Maybe that mislead me. So here's what happened: When I installed Melanie2 first, I somehow added the 'jquery_mobile' plugin to my configuration. That always worked somehow until now.

I have removed everything from Melanie2, copied Larry again (just to be safe) and re-installed Melanie2, this time with the correct configuration  ;)

Now everything's fine again.  ;D