Author Topic: First login fails for new user, identities does not get set  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Threep

First login fails for new user, identities does not get set
« on: April 19, 2018, 10:35:16 AM »
Hello, I am running roundcube 1.3.6 with hMailServer as the mail server, I have configured roundcube to run on IIS.  One issue I am noticing is that when I create a new user on the mail server and login, the first login always fails, after inputting the same information again, the login works, however the identities for the user never get set.

In the error log for roundcube I see

[19-Apr-2018 10:21:32 -0400]: <okk7t6ae> PHP Error: Failed to create new user in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\roundcubemail\program\lib\Roundcube\rcube_user.php on line 688 (POST /roundcubemail/?_task=login&_action=login)
[19-Apr-2018 10:21:32 -0400]: <okk7t6ae> PHP Error: Failed to create a user record. Maybe aborted by a plugin? in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\roundcubemail\program\include\rcmail.php on line 652 (POST /roundcubemail/?_task=login&_action=login)

Does anyone have any suggestions of where else to look to troubleshoot this issue?  Once I login a second time it does go in and I can send/receive emails, however identities are not created for the user, and there may be other issues that I am not aware of.

Offline Threep

Re: First login fails for new user, identities does not get set
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 11:26:10 AM »
UPDATE:

This appears to be an issue with the PHP version being used.  If I use php 7.1.14 this error does not occur and the identity gets created properly, if I use php 7.1.16 I experience these issues.  I will continue digging for a bit more.

Offline Threep

Re: First login fails for new user, identities does not get set
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 12:51:22 PM »
Update again, it was the SQL server drivers I was using, the php sql server drivesrs 5.2 cause this issue, the older 4.3 ones work.