Author Topic: Filters not working  (Read 5578 times)

Offline carllwyman

Filters not working
« on: April 27, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »
Hi,

I have setup roundcubemail into my personal VPS. It used the functionality to manage filters, e.g. moving incoming emails with a certain subject. I believe after an automatic update to dovecot v2.2.10 this functionality is not working anymore, and the "Filters" tab disappeared from the inbox page. I cannot see any relevant information in /var/log/roundcubemail/. Attached there is my configuration for roundcubemail, which surprisingly is missing the plugin "managesieve". I thought it was this plugin providing this feature, while instead it has to be something else. Can you please clarify how it is supposed to work (without managesieve), and advise how to track down this issue?

Thanks,

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Filters not working
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 04:10:09 AM »
The managesive plugin shipped with Roundcube does not do any actually filtering. It provides an interface to manage sieve filters on your mail server (using the managesieve protocol). So first you need to check your Dovecot setup to see that the sieve filtering and managesieve is working properly. Then to get the tab to show up in Roundcube you'll need to enable the managesieve plugin in Roundcube by adding it to the plugins array in your config.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline ol2tmx

Re: Filters not working
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:45:11 AM »
// Manage Sieve Plugin Configuration
// essential settings

$config['managesieve_port'] = 4190;

$config['managesieve_host'] = '<your_mail_server>';

$config['managesieve_auth_type'] = 'PLAIN';         // --> it depends on your servers authentication service

$config['managesieve_auth_cid'] = null;

$config['managesieve_auth_pw'] = null;

// Manage Sieve TLS Verbindung zum Dovecot Server
$config['managesieve_usetls'] = 'TRUE';

// Connection to the managesieve server
$config['managesieve_conn_options'] = array(
  'ssl'         => array(
  'verify_peer'  => true,
  'verify_peer_name'  => true,
  'allow_self_signed' => false,
  ),
);

// default contents of filters script (eg. default spam filter)
$config['managesieve_default'] = '<your_default_sieve_directory>';
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:48:23 AM by ol2tmx »