Author Topic: Does 'markasjunk2' trigger SpamAssassin learning automatically?  (Read 5969 times)

Offline donegal

Hi folks,

I'm new here and new to Roundcube, SpamAssassin, etc so apologies in advance for the newb question.

I've added the markasjunk2 plugin to my Roundcube install as I want users to be able to quickly remove spam from their Inbox. More so, I want SpamAssassin on my server to learn from the users actions but I am a little unsure as to whether this happens "out of the box" with markasjunk2 or does it require me to select and configure one of the "drivers" mentioned in the plugins readme.

What is the standard approach here to have SA learn from what the user sends to Junk? If it is already setup, is there a log I can check to verify that SA is learning from Roundcube?

Not sure if it's relevant but system details as follows:
  • Ubuntu 16.04.4
  • Webmin 1.881 and Virtualmin 6.03
  • Apache 2.4.18
  • MySQL 5.7.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
  • PHP 7.0.28
  • Postfix 3.1.0
  • Roundcube Webmail 1.3.6
  • SpamAssassin 3.4.1
  • ClamAV 0.99.4

Thanks in advance

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Does 'markasjunk2' trigger SpamAssassin learning automatically?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 02:50:25 AM »
If you want to run sa-learn as users move messages then you will need to enable and configure the cmd_learn driver. You will also need to ensure that the user which your webserver runs as has the correct permissions to execute the command. Enable markasjunk2_debug to log the output from the commands and see if they are working.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦