Author Topic: Can't reply to HTML mail  (Read 2157 times)

Offline ArthurDent

Can't reply to HTML mail
« on: May 16, 2018, 01:52:42 PM »
Hello all,

I have only recently installed Roundcube on my server and I have to say I am delighted with it (I am *NEVER* going back to squirrelmail)!

I have one problem however.
In my testing I simply sent an email and checked that it went through. I replied to that email (from another account) and then replied to the reply. All was fine. However, all of these must have been plain-text emails.

Today I tried to reply to an HTML formatted email and, after a long pause, it failed with a "forbidden" message. I tried many different (HTML) emails and the result was always the same.

As a work-around, I have changed "Compose HTML messages" in  my settings to "Never", and now, when I reply to an HTML message it defaults to plain-text and the message goes through. But this is not entirely satisfactory. I would like to be able to reply using HTML.

There are NO entries in the Roundcube errors log and the only entries in the roundcube sendmail log are the eventual successful (plain-text) messages.

I do have Modsecurity running of this (Fedora 27) machine, but there didn't appear to be anything in the Modsec logs.
I do have Selinux on - but it is in "Permissive" mode.

How do I track down this error?

Many thanks

Mark

Offline ArthurDent

Re: Can't reply to HTML mail
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 07:46:10 AM »
Hold fire on this...

I have dug a little deeper into my logs and it seems that it IS ModSec that is blocking this (at least I think it is). I will look into this and double check.

Sorry for the noise.

Thanks

Mark