Author Topic: RoundCube will not receive emails but will send emails. All ports opened.  (Read 3438 times)

Offline german2018

For days I have been trying to find out why I can't see any of my emails that are sent to me. I can send out emails with no problems... But I cannot receive any emails. I have looked everywhere for an answer with no luck... All my ports are open.

Sending emails was usually the hardest part of any email server... but receiving emails having an issue is kind of sad.

Where should I start to check...    I have checked in so many places I dont know where else to go anymore.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Roundcube is only an IMAP client. Are the message available on you IMAP server?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline german2018

Yes... I'm actually using the roundcube mail client.

which is web based...

example: domain.com/webmail

using that client I can send emails but I can't even send an email to myself...   Which leads me to believe my problem is internal and not even an external issue. Sending an email to myself and not receiving it on the same system tells me there is a something not configuring correctly somewhere.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
no. it does not work that way. roundcube uses your SMTP server to send email. if its an email to yourself then likely your SMTP server would deliver it to itself and then pass it to your IMAP server and then roundcube would be aware of it. check your SMTP and IMAP server logs and find out what happened to the message.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline german2018

From the logs... I see I'm getting:

1. do not list domain "domain.com" in both virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domains

2. postfix/smtp fatal valid hostname or network address required in server description

I'm using ISPConfig to create email accounts and domains. That information might help also.
I have sent emails from any domain to my email server and it receives it fine. But for some reason they are not being delivered to my inbox.

Any suggestion to check? Thanks in advance!!!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:08:58 PM by german2018 »

Offline german2018

I found my ISSUE!!

Under "advance email routing" within ISPConfig 3.1.12, I had created a new transport.

I took it off and it started delivering mail to the domain / emails in question.

:-)

Ok.. 1 week looking for the issue... and it was a transport all along...   

Going out for BEERS / VODKA!!! / :-)