Author Topic: Password plugin not saving changes to cpanel accounts  (Read 21250 times)

Offline Kallb123

Password plugin not saving changes to cpanel accounts
« on: July 04, 2017, 04:36:03 PM »
This topic seems to have come up several times, but I can't get the password plugin to work properly with cpanel accounts.

First I got the error about missing xmlapi.php but I solved that. Not the changes to passwords aren't being saved. I've tried all sorts of host names and ports and login details, but it always says successful without any actual change.

No error in the log.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Password plugin not saving changes to cpanel accounts
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 12:40:36 AM »
You could try the cpanel_webmail driver, maybe you'd have better luck with that one.

Offline Kallb123

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 03:01:59 AM »
That's finally worked! I used the base domain as the host and port 2096 as the port (appears to be the ssl port). I tried port 2095 and got connection error.

Should any of the password options at the top of the file be changed, for example the algorithm is still set to clear. Would cpanel take care of encrypting the passwords?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 11:45:00 AM »
The options at the top of the config file are used by other password drivers not for the cpanel_webmail driver. cPanel should be encrypting or hashing the passwords.