Author Topic: Failed installation of roundcube_log_failed_logins  (Read 22896 times)

Offline logg sar

Failed installation of roundcube_log_failed_logins
« on: July 30, 2018, 10:32:54 AM »
Hi there

I´m quite new to Roundcube - I may have some questions  ;)

After the installation is completed I want to install some plugins.
One of the first was https://plugins.roundcube.net/packages/wildwolf/log_failed_logins#dev-master

First I cloned the repository from github and just activated (== added the name to the config.inc.php) the plugin. This didnt worked.
Then I copied the composer.json for /etc/roundcube/plugins/roundcube_log_failed_logins to /etc/roundcube and started php /etc/roundcube/composer.phar install

After refreshing the site I get two error messages:

PHP Error in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.php (173): Failed to load plugin file /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/roundcube_log_failed_logins/roundcube_log_failed_logins.php

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 129

What have I done wrong?

*edit*
same with admin_options
PHP Error in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.php (173): Failed to load plugin file /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/admin-options/admin-options.php

But some plugins are working:

// List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)
// Debian: install roundcube-plugins first to have any
$config['plugins'] = array(
//   'admin-options',
   'additional_message_headers',
   'contextmenu',
   'database_attachments',
   'emoticons',
   'jqueryui',
   'newmail_notifier',
//   'roundcube_log_failed_logins',
//   'enigma',
  'zipdownload',
);

Is it possible that I have an problem with the installation?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 10:48:27 AM by logg sar »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Failed installation of roundcube_log_failed_logins
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 12:56:56 PM »
Then I copied the composer.json for /etc/roundcube/plugins/roundcube_log_failed_logins to /etc/roundcube and started php /etc/roundcube/composer.phar install
That is incorrect, you should copy the composer.json-dist file in Roundcube root directory to composer.json in the Roundcube root directory. Then add the plugins to that composer.json. All of that is details are in the "Getting Started" section on https://plugins.roundcube.net/

After refreshing the site I get two error messages:

PHP Error in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.php (173): Failed to load plugin file /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/roundcube_log_failed_logins/roundcube_log_failed_logins.php
That error means Roundcube can't load /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/roundcube_log_failed_logins/roundcube_log_failed_logins.php does the plugin file exist at that location? Is it owned by the correct user for the web server to be able to run it?