Author Topic: Change Pasword - driver for dovecot virtual user password files  (Read 2740 times)

Offline henrythemouse

I've setup a virtual domain/user environment in debian9 using dovecot and exim. The passwords are stored in a file, one file for each domain under a dir called virtualdomain. I use 'doveadmin -pw -s SHA512-CRYPT -p password' to create the the encrypted password. Then I add/modify a line in the domain file with this format:
Code: [Select]
username:{SHA512-CRYPT}generated-password
Are there any current drivers that could handle this sort of change or any that could be modified to do so? I've looked at the drivers in RC 1.3.4 but have not found anything that looks like it can do this even though I see what seem to be applicable  settings in the password/config.inc.php file (regarding dovecot password generation). I've ducked this issue for hours now without any luck at all.

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

Offline rm13

Re: Change Pasword - driver for dovecot virtual user password files
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »
The README for the password plugin does explain the API to write another driver.

SQL might be the simplest to switch to rather than file based users. You could also manage the users in SQL to allow this driver to be used. Then script/dump the users to the existing file format you are using without changing the mail server configuration to use SQL.