Author Topic: Rubbish email system  (Read 2179 times)

Offline brian hayward

Rubbish email system
« on: September 11, 2018, 04:13:36 PM »
First let me state that I am no nerd - I have no interest in screwing around in directories to make things that should work, work - I just expect bog standard stuff to work. Now this may not be the best forum to vent my spleen but my service provider (Free in France - Email 'Alice') avoids all sensible contact to express your problems - unless, that is, you can speak fluent techno french - which I can't. They have no email contact available, presumably to insulate themselves from crap service!
My problem...,the service used to be run under Zimbra = worked perfectly. Then they implemented Round Cube without any ref to me and since then (several months ago) my Inbox processing is, to say the least, unpredictable. Specifically you have to delete the email three in front of the one you are reading (assuming you know what it is!) if you want to delete the current email! When I reply to a mail the header stays in the Inbox but you can't access the mail - it disappears. Click on it and you get a mail 2 or 3 away in date sequence.
I can't be doing with a service provider who does not check (and correct) how their service is performing and who insulates themselves from appropriate complaint access and even more I can't be doing with a product which can be screwed up by a service provider with no interest from the s/w provider. In short, I give up and will use gMail - Roundcube is a total waste of time and too flaky!

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Rubbish email system
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 04:31:30 PM »
The problems you describe are with the mail server which your mail provider would maintain not with Roundcube itself.