Author Topic: Roundcube Spam filter not putting learned spam into junk  (Read 2707 times)

Offline kkerski

Roundcube Spam filter not putting learned spam into junk
« on: November 08, 2018, 04:22:32 PM »
We've been using Roundcube to get email from web for a few years. We taught spam by moving the email to "Learn Spam"  or "Learn Ham". So over time the program automatically put re-occuring emails that had been identified as "Spam" into a Junk folder. There are times every month that the filter makes a mistake throwing a client email into junk because of a word in the subject line or other reason I can't identify. So I have been checking them weekly then trashing. All of a sudden, as of Nov 1, nothing is being put in the Junk folder. Everyday I am moving spam emails into "Learn Spam" yet the next day the Junk email is empty. I used to have 6 to 25 emails daily in the Junk folder to check. Monthly I would find 1 email that shouldn't be in there.

Is the system automatically deleting what it has learned or thinks is spam? Is there a setting that can be changed so that the junk is put in junk based on setting and what has been trained?

I need help because this affects 6 of my employees emails. Clients expect teh emails have been delivered yet I cannot be sure that they all will be.
KKerski

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Roundcube Spam filter not putting learned spam into junk
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 02:16:34 AM »
there is nothing in roundcube out of the box which automatically deletes email. for that matter there is no automatic spam learning. these are likely to be separate processes which are running on the server.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦