Author Topic: "Commercial" folder  (Read 4500 times)

Offline matthieuL

"Commercial" folder
« on: December 07, 2018, 10:14:52 AM »
Hello,

I'm trying to do a newsletter, and when I test it I have issue with the adresses hosted by Free, whose webmail is using Roundcube : my mail goes on the "Commercial" folder, so never goes on the inbox folder, thus never goes on desktop mail clients (like Thunderbird).
This is because of the following filter, set by default on the webmail Free (I don't know if it's a default setting going with Roundcube) :
header  X-ProXaD-SC  includes  state=HAM:CommercialEmail

So, none of my contacts having a Free address will receive my newsletter, while they are agree to (I have only 200 contacts, all verified and ok to receive a newsletter from me). I can't ask them to change their filter.

My question is : how can I avoid this filter ? I'm using an email campaign provider (Moosend, but I have the same issue with others), I'm doing the right setting for SPF and DKIM on the address sending the newsletter, and as far I know I respect rules (I put an unsubscribe link, etc).

Any help would be very appreciated.

Matthieu

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: "Commercial" folder
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 03:16:42 PM »
This isn't really related to Roundcube.

The header is likely being added by there mail server which would also be filtering the email into the separate folder. If I had to guess there mail server is looking at the server sending the mail (Moosend) and seeing that its a bulk email service adding the header in question.

Offline rm13

Re: "Commercial" folder
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 03:26:51 PM »
Check with your campaign provider as they should have suggestions on improving the situation. It is common in this situation to ask readers to "add you to their contact list". Which may move your email to their inbox or help it avoid a spam folder. However, that would depend on how Free filters the email.