Author Topic: No html editor for compose  (Read 7024 times)

Offline hollymcr

No html editor for compose
« on: January 29, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »
This is my first RC install, so I'm probably doing something silly, but I can't find a relevant FAQ.

I installed RC from the Ubuntu repositories (apt-get install roundcube-webmail) and configured it, but no sign of TinyMCE or anything similar. I've now installed RC2 from source and have the same problem, although at least this time the tiny_mce files are at least present in program/js which they weren't first time around.

How do enable HTML editing?

I have installed PHP curl modules, but my understanding is that would explain a failure of spell check in HTML edit mode, not a complete lack of that mode!

Offline rosali

Re: No html editor for compose
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:17:44 AM »
Regards,
Rosali

Offline hollymcr

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 04:24:59 AM »
Quote from: rosali
config/main.inc.php
Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['enable_htmleditor'] = TRUE;

In addition you have to delete users in the database `roundcubemail.user`to enable html composing.

Thanks, now working. I didn't need to delete the user either (I looked at it first and there was no reference to the html editor in the config array stored there).

Thanks for the other code - I'll play with that when I get my head around things!

I assume this is documented, but can someone point me to where? Or should I just have read through all the settings in main.inc.php? (I just followed the installation instructions, and probably didn't read them fully...)

Offline rosali

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 09:32:15 AM »
Your welcome ...

default main.inc.php.dist

Code: [Select]
// enable composing html formatted messages (experimental)
$rcmail_config['enable_htmleditor'] = FALSE;

I have confused the issue with the users database table. I had to delete users to get the preview pane working.

-Roland
Regards,
Rosali