Author Topic: Reply messages not displaying actual reply contents  (Read 3309 times)

Offline justinf

Reply messages not displaying actual reply contents
« on: December 08, 2018, 12:04:52 AM »
Hi,

So here's my issue... when an email is sent from any other email account to my email I receive it and can view the message without a problem, however when a person replies to an email I have sent, the original message subject and Re: displays, but the content of the email (email body) duplicates from the original email I sent, meaning their reply does not show at all!

And strangely when the person changes the subject line, but replies I can sometimes view the contents of their reply. It's the most bizzare thing. 

Example Re: same subject line = person's reply does not show in body of email

Re: different subject line = peron's reply shows in body of email

I've been using roundcube for about 6 years and this problem started happening only within the past year.

What do I need to do to correct this or who can look into resolving this issue for me?

Justin
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 01:52:21 PM by justinf »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Reply messages not displaying actual reply contents
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:48:07 AM »
what version of roundcube? could you provide a sample message?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline justinf

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 11:32:37 PM »
Where do I check to know the version and how would you like me to get a sample message to you?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 08:34:50 AM »
If you are not sure what version you are running then you can check the About screen in Roundcube.

If you don't want to post the raw message in public then you can PM it to me.

If you are not sure how to get the raw message then have a look here http://docs.roundcube.net/doc/help/1.1/en_US/mail/importexport.html?highlight=download#download-a-single-message. Be sure to remove any sensitive information from the message but don't alter the structure.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…