Author Topic: Bookmarks Plugin for RoundCube 0.5.2  (Read 10567 times)

Offline SebiTimeWaster

Bookmarks Plugin for RoundCube 0.5.2
« on: January 31, 2008, 09:17:28 AM »
Updated version for RC 0.5.2!

hi, i have written a simple bookmarks "plugin" for RC.
i woudnt call it a real plugin, because it only resides in the skins directory. thats because the internal structure of RC is so complicated i had no nerve to read me in.

here you can find a picture: rc_bookmarks.png
here you can find the "plugin": RoundCube_Bookmarks_for_v0.5.2.zip (Updated version for RoundCube v0.5.2!)
further informations: TimeWaster.de/bookmarks-plugin-for-roundcube/

before install, please note:
- IT WILL ONLY WORK WITH MYSQL AND ROUNDCUBE v0.5.2
- it is NOT multi-user capable (all users will see the same bookmarks).
- it is not multi-language capable.
- it will overwrite one file in the "default" skin (the menu).
- it will not preserve sessions, so dont use it for a long time, or your session will be lost.
- it will create a new table in your database.

installation: (could not be simpler)
1. copy the .zip file to your /skins/ folder
2. unzip it (with overwriting files option)
3. reload your roundcube, click on the bookmarks link, add in the url field of your browser at the end of url: "&createTable=true" (without the brakets) and hit "enter". if this fails (a message "could not create table" appears) you have to add the new table with your favorite sql tool (phpmyadmin for instance), for this, copy the sql statement from line 16 from the /default/bookmarks/index.php file in the zip file.

now youre all done.

have fun
TimeWaster

p.s. you can make with this code whatever you want, as long as i'm mentioned as original coder when you redistribute it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:24:42 PM by SebiTimeWaster »

Offline phs

Re: Bookmarks Plugin for RoundCube 0.1-RC2
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 03:38:10 PM »
hi sebitimewaster

cool plugin! but to make it perfect, it would be a very hot option to import firefox bookmars or let's say bookmarks in xml format (xbel). what do you think about that?

regards

Offline wica

Re: Bookmarks Plugin for RoundCube 0.1-RC2
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:50:45 PM »
Hi,

nice plugin, I was trying something simuler.

I was trying to use foxmarks to write via php to a database. But setting up a webdev server for php is not easy.
If someoe, can write a little plugin for firefox. That can works with a default php install.

Then this plugin would be great. your bookmarks everywhere :)

Offline SebiTimeWaster

Bookmarks Plugin for RoundCube 0.1-Stable
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 09:33:28 AM »
updated version for v0.2-beta!

Offline bburg

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »
Unfortunately this plugin is obsolete, I know. I  tried with some 'hacking' to run it in v0.5.2. but the interface is mixed-up. I've not enough knowledge to rewrite the code. Anyone who wants to take a look at it?

Offline SebiTimeWaster

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 08:18:31 PM »
Quote from: bburg;34406
Unfortunately this plugin is obsolete, I know. I  tried with some 'hacking' to run it in v0.5.2. but the interface is mixed-up. I've not enough knowledge to rewrite the code. Anyone who wants to take a look at it?

well, i was bored and updated the "plugin" for RC 0.5.2 even i don't use it anymore.
consider yourself lucky!

Offline bburg

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 08:22:22 PM »
Quote from: SebiTimeWaster;34409
well, i was bored and updated the "plugin" for RC 0.5.2 even i don't use it anymore.
consider yourself lucky!

Thank you very much. It works! Normally I also work with the bookmarks stored in my browser, but thanks to your plugin I can save some important bookmarks in my Roundcube. So, on public or other computers I have them always at hand.

One little mistake I corrected myself. In ../bookmarks/index.php there's a reference to addresses.css. This must be addressbook.css.