Author Topic: Getting Kicked Back To Login Screen  (Read 6694 times)

Offline KeblerelfKC

Getting Kicked Back To Login Screen
« on: August 02, 2006, 01:36:35 AM »
I just started using RoundCube yesterday (which I love...great job with it folks!) and I'm running into a strange issue. Yesterday I had no problems with moving around in it once I was logged in and what not. Today however it has suddenly decided to start randomly booting me back to the login screen.

It will usually let me view a message with no problem, but trying to delete one will sometimes trigger the kick...other times it works fine. Same goes with the "Personal Settings" button. It will sometimes let me in there but the majority of the time that one will trigger a bump back to the login as well.

I did try out a couple skins today, but thinking those might have been the issue I've since removed the directories for them and changed the config back to just using the default skin. Didn't see any improvement in the problem following the removal of the skins so I'm guessing they didn't play any part in why it started doing this.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Offline simplistsims

Re: Getting Kicked Back To Login Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:53:10 AM »
Does your browser accept cookies? I think roundcube uses them aswell as sessions. What browser are you using. I would try Firefox if you arn't using it.
Duca Duca Duca Duca - Dr. Evil *Say it fast*

Offline KeblerelfKC

Re: Getting Kicked Back To Login Screen
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »
It never occurred to me last night but when I was thinking more about it this morning I started to wonder if the browser might have been the issue as well. I use IE7 and have had ongoing issues with it locking up (although it will never show as "Not Responding" in the Task Manager). The lock ups always occur when loading a page and whenever I was getting kicked back to the login it happened when I clicked on something that would cause IE to load a new page or reload the current one. I guess I didn't make the connection since IE would still continue responding which is different from what it's normally been doing when it freaks out on me.

Anyway, when I got to work this morning I went through and fiddled around in mail off and on for about 30 minutes using IE6 and had no problems so that just made the browser look even more like the source of the problem.

Regarding cookies, that shouldn't be an issue since I've opened up all the cookie related stuff since I only hit a handful of sites from my home machine and some of them also require cookies. Not sure about sessions though as I don't recall seeing anything in the options pertaining to those. If you know of something I'd be glad to check it though.

I'll give Firefox or Opera a try tonight when I get home from work just to verify that it's either IE7 or maybe something else on that particular machine. I have a strong feeling that it is IE7 though.