Author Topic: Add unread message icon to browser tab  (Read 5664 times)

Offline boardtc

Add unread message icon to browser tab
« on: January 31, 2019, 09:34:30 AM »
Typically I will have pinned tabs in my laptop browser for respective emails. I have one for Gmail, also Outlook and a separate account I don't tie into Gmail that I check via Roundcube, Having using SquirrelMail and Horde for periods I have settled on RoundCube as the pick of them, it's great.

A feature I find very hand in Gmail is enabling the Settings | Unread message icon, this happens in an Outlook 354 tab by default. So without opening the tab I can see if I have email at a glance. I did not find a mention of tab unread indicator searching the forum. Has this functionality been considered for RoundCube?

Thanks for considering.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Add unread message icon to browser tab
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 01:46:19 PM »
I believe this is supported by the newmail_notifier plugin that ships with Roundcube.

Offline boardtc

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 12:08:49 PM »
Plugins, cool. I searched the repo and found https://plugins.roundcube.net/packages/kitist/html5_notifier but this just does desktop notifications it seems...

Offline boardtc

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 10:42:41 AM »
My isp installed newmail_notifier plugin and it works great with no desktop notification contrary to the docs, rather it is tab notification :-)