Author Topic: Your session is invalid or expired.  (Read 2722 times)

Offline sm69th

Your session is invalid or expired.
« on: March 20, 2019, 12:50:42 AM »
Using PHP Version 7.1.25 on Windows 2008 Server SP2, connecting to SQL Server 2014 via loaded extension "php_sqlsrv_7_nts.dll" .

Before I wasn't able to connect to the database...now I get the login screen, however, whenever I try to login, I get the error "Your session is invalid or expired."

This is running Roundcube Version 0.8.4.

I have checked and I am correctly setting the timezone in php.ini (date.timezone= "America/New_York")

In the PHP logs I see this:
[20-Mar-2019 00:21:44 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: C:\Windows\temp) in D:\websites\XXXXXXXXXXXXXX\program\include\rcmail.php on line 786

I have checked and the IUSR account has read/write permissions on the Temp folder (c:\Windows\Temp).

Any suggestions? I could obviously update roundcube since I am behind in versions, but I would prefer figuring out why it can't login now...

Thank you!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Your session is invalid or expired.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 03:22:04 AM »
IMO finding out why you cant login now is a waste of time. Roundcube 0.8.4 is not compatible with PHP7, it is too old. Roundcube 0.8.4 was released 15th November 2012 while PHP7 was released 3rd December 2015 and 7.1 1st December 2016. Formal compatibility with PHP7 was added to Roundcube in version 1.2, released 22nd May 2016. Even if PHP compatibility was not an issue running such out of date software is never a good idea. You are missing out on security fixes as well as many functional improvements.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline sm69th

Re: Your session is invalid or expired.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 07:42:20 AM »
OK...I will start with upgrading Roundcube and see if that helps. I was previously on PHP 5.3 and it was more or less a forced upgrade as the SQL Server drivers were giving me a massive headache.  I will report back if upgrading solves the problem (fingers crossed).