Release Support > Pending Issues

multi domain problem?

(1/3) > >>

lefko:
Hi,
we have 3 different imap servers mail.x1.com mail.x2.com mail.x3.com authenticating our users. Roundcube doesn't run dovecot(dovecot runs on the imap servers) and it is installed on a different machine than the mailservers. I have created the config files for multi domain deployment and set the parameter to true. I get this error in the roundcube logfile.

<kfmatkon> IMAP Error: Login failed for user from x.x.x.x. AUTHENTICATE PLAIN: * BYE Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. in /var/www/html/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 196 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)

any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

JohnDoh:
That message comes from your IMAP server not Roundcube. The username and/or password you tried must have been incorrect.

lefko:
Thank you for the reply!
the user credentials are correct -what i think is that I am not sure how this multi domain setup works.
How can I make users to login to the appropriate mailhost ? Don't want to use a drop down menu.

JohnDoh:
please provide more info on your set. you said you have 3 URLs for you webmail mail.x1.com mail.x2.com mail.x3.com and you've setup host config files for each one. so you have config files like mail.x1.com.inc.php right? and in each of those files you've definded a different server in $config['default_host']?

lefko:
Hi again,
we have 3 different imap servers mail.x1.xx.xx- mail.x2.xx.xx and mail.x3.xx.xx. I've created 3 config in the config folder, below i give you an example of one of them:
mail.x1.xx.xx.inc.php
<?php
$config['default_host']= 'mail.x1.xx.xx'
$config['username_domain']= 'x1.xx.xx'
users just type in their username without the domain extension.
thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version