Author Topic: Auto-responder not working  (Read 593 times)

Offline d0325mgray

Auto-responder not working
« on: April 18, 2019, 08:34:23 AM »
I'm running Roundcube Webmail 1.3.8. In the configuration options there is a "Responses" setting, which I assume was a way to create an auto-response without setting a sieve filter. I create a response but it is not working. I manage the Dovecot/Postfix server and I cannot find anyplace where the response text is stored.

Offline alec

Re: Auto-responder not working
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 01:25:11 PM »
Settings > Responses has nothing to do with auto-responding, it's a mail templates/snippets feature.

Offline d0325mgray

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 07:41:41 PM »
So, what is the function of this configuration and where is mail/templates?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 05:18:20 AM »
this explains a bit about what responses are http://docs.roundcube.net/doc/help/1.1/en_US/mail/compose.html#mail-compose-responses

saved responses are stored in the database.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline d0325mgray

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 08:55:14 PM »
I understand this now and, while it may be useful, it is still not what I am looking for.

I have tried to set up a filter using ManageSieve. It creates a vacation reply, which only gets executed once a day so, if someone sends more than one email per day, they only get one reply. I want to be able to have an auto-reply that is sent on receipt of every message.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:37:28 PM by d0325mgray »

Offline juanwcracraft

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 09:03:44 AM »
I think users should certainly establish their auto reply message from within the webmail of theirs without having to go trough Webmin or Usermin to do it.

Since SquirellMail DID keep auto reply functionality available and SquirellMail even uses MySQL and PHP I chose to only take that port and plugin it to RoundCube. I wrapped the entire point in a RoundCube plugin format and voila, it really works brilliantly.

The plugin creates a file on the users homedir exactly where the SendMail server picks it up and fires the' Vacation' plugin which sends an auto reply.

For More Information Visit Homepage