Author Topic: how to use the full email adrress in the login screen???  (Read 5466 times)

Offline johnnyb

how to use the full email adrress in the login screen???
« on: February 04, 2008, 09:17:20 PM »
hi everyone.......i'm a newby, needless to say. love roundcube but can't get to login with a full email address. my server automatically asign a username for each email account. eg. 76hhgb76 . I know that there is a way of logging in using the email acount name and not the user name. but how do i activate that option. any pro's out there to help?
thx

Offline igor

Re: how to use the full email adrress in the login screen???
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 02:23:21 AM »
The only way I know is direct creating of Users on the DB.
The way I use is:

--
-- Daten für Tabelle `users`
--

INSERT INTO `users` (`user_id`, `username`, `mail_host`, `alias`, `created`, `last_login`, `language`, `preferences`) VALUES
(USERNR (1.2.ETC), 'MAILUSER', 'MAILSERVER', 'LOGINALIAS', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 'de_DE', 'a:10:{s:16:"message_sort_col";s:4:"date";s:18:"message_sort_order";s:4:"DESC";s:8:"timezone";d:1;s:10:"dst_active";b:0;s:8:"pagesize";i:36;s:10:"prettydate";b:1;s:11:"prefer_html";b:0;s:10:"htmleditor";b:0;s:12:"preview_pane";b:0;s:14:"draft_autosave";i:300;}');

Offline johnnyb

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 07:38:29 AM »
thx for the help......but i am not sure how to change the values you talk about......like i said i am a newbie.......i open MySQL and then what???step by step if posible please

Offline igor

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 02:31:53 AM »
OK step by step, but sorry for my bad English

first you must change the red marked entries in my SQL post.

Usernr: 1 (fist user), 2 (second user), 3 (third user)etc....
Mailuser: the username you have for the email server
Mailserver: imap.example.com
Loginalias: the username you want to have for login to roundcube

the next things are not so important, there comes the creating date, last login date, the language (for me German de_DE, for English en_EN, but you can change all these in roundcoube himself.) the last things are preferences for roundcube, like sorting and other, it could be also easily changed in roundcoube.

When you had changed the remarked things, you must copy sql-command into your favored mysql admin problem (like phpmyadmin)

Offline johnnyb

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 09:14:03 AM »
danke für deine hilfe igor....aber irgendwie klappt es immer noch nicht.....und deine english ist sehr gut....besser als mein deutsch.... ;D

Offline igor

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 07:00:48 AM »
I can't imagine where the problem is.

First check if your database setup is corectly (for testing it's the easyest way to flush the DB and start with the initial mySQL file), then check login without alias.
After a sussesfull login you will find a new entry in the user table

user_id | username |   mail_host   |  alias   |     created     | last_login    
  1   | zahs1923 | imap.domain.tld | zahs1923 | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 | 2008-02-16 12:42:10

you could change the second zahs1923 in your favoried loginname.

to finish the whole thing I advise to change $rcmail_config['auto_create_user'] = TRUE; to FALSE in the config/main.inc.php

I checked my SQL post's again and they worked on my installation (but it was a clean new installation)

PS: kann das ganze natürlich auch noch mal auf Deutsch posten, aber die Boardsprache ist ja eigentlich Englisch, so versuch ich mich natürlich für alle verständlich aus zu drücken.(aber wenn dirs auf Deutsch einfacher erscheint dann trag ich das natürlich nach)

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 12:59:41 PM »
Koennen wir om Topic bitte bleiben? Mein Deutsch ist sehr schwer, aber ich ein bischen sprechen. Diese Boardsprache ist im Englisch aber du viele Sprache mit ein mit ein Uebersetzung annehmen.

Can we please stay on topic? My german is very bad, but I speak a little bit. These boards are in English however you can speak many languages as long as you provide a translation.

So feel free to carry on conversations in German, French, Spanish but please just put a translation for the rest of us ;) We may not be from EU and we all can't speak 3+ languages :(