Author Topic: New password could not be saved  (Read 5137 times)

Offline robota

New password could not be saved
« on: June 05, 2019, 04:49:41 AM »
Hi, I installed Roundcube quite new and activated the plugin to change the password.
If I then log in and want to change the password I get the error message: "An error has occurred" - "New password could not be saved".

I have also made a screenshot: https://4181516.de/screenshots/pwchange.png

What could be the reason for this error message and what can I do to make it work?
I am happy about tips and help.

LG Robota

Online alec

Re: New password could not be saved
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 09:55:52 AM »
Configure the plugin.

Offline robota

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 02:44:17 PM »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 03:06:10 PM »
Have a look at the readme file in the password plugin's directory. Essentially you need to rename the config.inc.php.dist that's in the plugin's directory to config.inc.php and configure the appropriate driver for your environment.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline robota

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 03:52:28 AM »
Thanks for your answer.
I renamed the file, it is already on SQL, which should be right for me. (MySQL database)
Nevertheless, I get the same error message again when trying to change the password.
In the error log you can read about it:
[07-Jun-2019 09:45:23 +0200]: <bff126ec> DB Error: [1305] FUNCTION d02eaa95.update_passwd does not exist (SQL Query: SELECT update_passwd('$1$S2ftez0T$R4eOA58mvJ13.SCSjoEby0', 'kassenwart@domain.de')) in /www/htdocs/w018i29c/domain.de/roundcubemail-1.3.9/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 543 (POST /?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 08:30:01 AM »
I renamed the file, it is already on SQL, which should be right for me. (MySQL database)
What about the other parts of the config like the connection string for your users database or as the error shows the password update query. All that error means is that you don't have a function called `update_passwd` in your database. That is only provided in the config file as an example. You need to set all the options to match your environment.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…