Author Topic: Send notification options in Filter definition at webmail  (Read 3488 times)

Offline duke_mail

Send notification options in Filter definition at webmail
« on: June 17, 2019, 02:07:16 PM »
Hi all!

I hope someone can help me with this issue.

I'm trying to send a notification to another email address ("target@address.to") for any new mail incoming in a mailbox called "sender@address.to" using filter definition at webmail. I want to use a customized subject and email body text, but I only can manage to modify the subject of the notification message. The body allways remain with the standard message "Notification of new message."

I have no access to the server.

Anyone know how can I change the body of the message? Which options can I use in "Notification options (Optional)"? (see attached screenshot).

Is it also possible to do the same and attach the original mail?

Thanks in advance!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Send notification options in Filter definition at webmail
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 01:29:10 PM »
From the RFC its not clear to me if altering the message body is something that is really supported but I found this old post from the dovecot mailing list which does appear to work. https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2012-February/080963.html. For example if you put `notify@example.com?body=helloworld` in the email address box the body of the message changes (note: I do not know if this is a dovecot only thing)

Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline duke_mail

Re: Send notification options in Filter definition at webmail
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 03:45:35 PM »
Thank you very much JohnDoh!! It worked! (I attach a new screenshot for those who search for the same).

If someone else knows the purpose of that "Notification Options" input box and what kind of parameters can we use there,...