Author Topic: UNIX filesystem quota in Roundcube  (Read 6336 times)

Offline pktrivedi

UNIX filesystem quota in Roundcube
« on: February 22, 2014, 02:16:33 AM »
Hello all,

I tried searching extensively but could not find answer to my problem.

I am system admin at Systems and Control Engineering at IIT Bombay a premier technical university. www.sc.iitb.ac.in
I am trying to migrate to roundcube or atleast use roundcube as squirrelmail alternative.

We have system users as e-mail users, no virtual users.
We have Maildir/ located within the users' home directories and I am using squirrelmail's Check Quota plugin.http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=237
This plugin has support for linux file system quota and we display filesystem quota to the user when they log in to webmail. This way they know their total quota including all the files/website etc.

Is it possible to accomplish this in roundcube? If yes then How? If not then is there a possibility of this facility in future releases?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: UNIX filesystem quota in Roundcube
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 06:01:25 AM »
I don't know of a plugin that does that but you could code one using the quota hook in RoundCube http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Plugin_Hooks#quota

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 04:53:37 PM »
What IMAP server do you use? I use Linux filesystem quotas, and Dovecot is configured to look at them. I did not have to do anything to make quota display work in Roundcube, I assume that Roundcube queries Dovecot which reads them from the filesystem. It works perfectly in my system.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline pktrivedi

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
What IMAP server do you use? I use Linux filesystem quotas, and Dovecot is configured to look at them. I did not have to do anything to make quota display work in Roundcube, I assume that Roundcube queries Dovecot which reads them from the filesystem. It works perfectly in my system.

Thanks SKaero and ABerglund,

Coding the plugin would be the last option  :o

I use Courier IMAP and since squirrelmail had the plugin to display filesystem quota, I did not even try to see the quota configs in Courier.
I will check if Courier can read and report filesystem quotas. I am puzzled however, if the Dovecot can read filesystem quota out of the box. I thought it will read and report size of ~/Maildir only.

Anyway, if SKaero is right then it means that roundcube does not yet have an independent plugin which can check and report the filesystem quota, it has to rely on the IMAP server for the quota.

Thanks again. ;D

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 02:29:05 PM »
It's been a long time since I've dug ii to my dovecot config, so I took a look. I do have a pair of dovecot plugins loaded, 'quota' and 'imap_quota'. Both plugins work as a pair, and are distributed with dovecot. I do not know exactly how they report to RC, but I do know that it works.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline raiashish20

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 06:36:15 AM »