Author Topic: Mis-indexing on delete  (Read 6713 times)

Offline roundcube1000

Mis-indexing on delete
« on: February 08, 2008, 10:11:37 AM »
I found the following bug. I haven't seen exactly this described, although there seem to be other people who have trouble with IMAP inboxes (I'm not sure they knew that compacting would help them).

Symptoms:
Delete some emails. Then start browsing in the same folder, and notice that the indexes (the "x of y" at the bottom of the screen, although y may be correct) and actual messages displayed don't match what is shown in the main message list. Compacting and then waiting around a while puts the messages in some order, but not the correct one (again, the "Message x of y" is confused)

Work-around:
Close roundcube and open your mailbox in another program. Or, compact and wait a while, although this doesn't give exactly the right results.

How to reproduce:
1. Open your inbox.
2. Delete some messages in the middle of your list.
3. Compact.
4. Open some emails. The title displayed in the message list does not match the actual message; the navigation with arrows at the bottom of the screen either takes you to the wrong message or gives an error and returns you to the inbox. This varies seemingly by the time you wait.

I'm running SVN as of about 2 weeks ago (not sure where to check; can't update to latest right now). Dreamhost server (let me know if you want the specific software versions).

Offline seansan

Re: Mis-indexing on delete
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 10:39:59 AM »
Please log your bug to bugtracker : http://trac.roundcube.net/newticket

Offline roundcube1000

Re: Mis-indexing on delete
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 04:01:17 PM »
Done. Ticket 1484763.