Author Topic: Admin page for Roundcube and WYSIWYG  (Read 29992 times)

Offline timelord

Re: Admin page for Roundcube and WYSIWYG
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 08:35:50 PM »
Quote from: markg85
Now here some more info on what features i would like to see in the admin page:
  • Adding mail accounts
  • User management

Hi, I use postfixAdmin for mail accounts management.

My configuration is: postfix+TLS+AUTH, postfixAdmin, dovecot, Roundcube, MailScanner+SpamAssassin+Clamav, MySQL, Apache

I have virtual accounts stored in MySQL. Dovecot is IMAP/POP3 server, but it also works like AUTH backend for postfix and of course IMAP backend for Roundcube. PostfixAdmin is a webinterface for user management, so I can manage all domains my postfix accepts, create mail accounts and of course mail aliases and manage quota for my users. My users can use postfixAdmin for changing their passwords and for 'vacation' management.

In my configuration Roundcube is only webmail client for this all.

I want to add sieve mail filtering to my configuration in next days. Dovecot has sieve plugin, so I have to change delivery method in postfix configuration from 'virtual' do 'dovecot delivery' and dovecot will do mail filtering on the server side.

Anyway, some admin interface for Roundcube would be really appreciated ;)
SCUBA LIBRE :D

Offline BORG

Admin page for Roundcube and WYSIWYG
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 08:47:55 PM »
Yes I have to agree. Having an admin page/script to accompany RoundCube would be really nice. I don't think it should be an integral component or anything, but something to accompany the client would be good to make administration simple and efficient.

Offline pjamedia

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 11:50:42 AM »
Quote from: Scubes13;1594
I too think that RC does what it does well and should work to do even better at it.

With that said, I would at least like a nice seperate admin interface that carried the "look and feel" of RoundCube.

:-P Anyone interested in a project/plugin for administration of diff IMAP backends using an AJAX app that looks and feels like RC?

:-D

Kevin L.

I agree, a user admin page to make the RC Client configuration options accessible via a GUI, instead of having to figure out how to amend configuration files manually is in my opinion totally necessary, and is something you would expect of any e-mail client (even a web based client). Can you imagine having to configure Thunderbird mail client by tweaking text files - I appreciate this is a web installed client app, and not a desktop app, but another example - can you imagine having to setup gallery 2 albums by having to manually tweak config files on the web server?

One option would be to have an admin user which is configured by default at install which takes you into a control panel for all those manually configurable config file options, with the added functionality of allowing the admin user to pre-configure access to different mail accounts using Virtual user IDs. Also the ability to access multiple mail accounts from one virtual ID like the Way thunderbird works would be a dream!

Paul A

Offline josh101

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 01:25:53 AM »
I need an admin panel so I can look over my user emails. I cant see why we dont have one. Im going to be managing alot of emails so its going to be hard with out an admin panel. I tryed atmail but it need a file to be change that my web host controls and I dont. If I could use atmail I would but I cant :(.

Offline hunterhdolan

Crystal mail!
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2010, 04:57:47 PM »
Crystal Mail has an admin panel! We are even talking about adding cpanel and hmail support in the admin panel so you can manage users, edit quotas, and even change passwords! We are based on roundcube so it's got to look good. :D

Crystalwebmail.com!!!
0:)

Offline Trizzunkz

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 01:33:21 AM »
Personally, I'm with the RC team on this one. I don't think it's necessary to have advanced system administration in a web mail client. I use Webmin for to administer my server.
That said, I wouldn't complain if they added in an admin page to simplify the task of changing the settings - like those in main.inc.php ;)