Author Topic: Problem with encoding in message  (Read 7093 times)

Offline dicini

Problem with encoding in message
« on: January 10, 2008, 08:43:49 AM »
Hi folks,

I've a little problem with encoding in roundcubemail RC2. If I try to view all messages in inbox, the subjects are displayed correct, but problem is when I try to open whatever email. As you can see on next few screenshots, it looks like the mail body is in iso-8859-2 or windows-1250 encoding, but webmail is in utf8. Also when I click on view source image button, the source is bad (I'm using Automatic selection in Opera for encoding). When I change encoding in Opera to UTF8 in view source, the message're displayed correct.

And my question is - is there any chance to correct this bug? I was using also old version of roundcube, there was not problem with encoding, so this is surprise for me.

P.S.: I changed only configuration file in roundcube, didn't make whatever changes in other files.

Scrshot 1: Dispaying INBOX - all OK:

Scrshot 2: Dispaying one email - the body was incorect:

Scrshot 3: Dispaying one email - view source with "Automatic encoding selection in Opera - the mail body was incorect:

Scrshot 4: Dispaying one email - view source with "manualy selected UTF8 encoding in Opera - the mail body was corect:

Offline dicini

Re: Problem with encoding in message
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 04:18:21 PM »
Thank's all for great support. Actually, I find yout, that this bug which I described happen only if mail is created in php using mail () function. It doesn't matter, if I put into header of email message encoding utf-8, iso-8859-2 or windows-1250, the delivered email messages is still displayed incorrect. Any ideas where should be a problem?

Offline dicini

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »
... so I try to look to the source and it looks very funny. Each email (body) is marked as ISO-8859-1, it looks like RC2 is not able to detect right encoding from header. Can someone help and tell me, where can I find out detection of charset? The source is not very nice (like in all opensource) :o

Offline dicini

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 09:51:48 AM »
Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm and once again hmmmmmm. It looks that author decide to remake this application, after few hours I find out, that in RC2 is missing a lot of functions (for example - including the ability to detect encoding). This is great, that we have RC1 and RC2, in both versions is less functions that in 0.1 alpha. It's really very nice from author. Maybe I should ask - why did you release RC1 and RC2? You feel good? In my opinion, if I want to remake my own project, I'll NEVER release "new" version which will be worst than previous.

Good luck and hope that you will release maybe some day some applicable version 8)