Author Topic: Problem adding new contacts  (Read 6651 times)

Offline vslacks

Problem adding new contacts
« on: August 04, 2006, 10:42:32 AM »
I just installed RoundCube on my Dreamhost account last night so that I could give up the ugly and SLOOW experience of using SquirrelMail. Everything went well and I got it up and running in about 20 minutes. However, this morning I have been having problems when accessing the Address Book and trying to add a new contact. Here's what happens:

1. Click on Address Book icon in top nav bar.
2. Click on Create new contact card icon.
3. Status bar (IE 6 - I'm using this from work and have no choice), moves as if page is loading.
4. Right side of screen (where the entry fields for adding a contact should be) is blank after page finishes loading.

The same thing happens if I double click on an existing address book entry to try to edit it. Even more annoying is the fact that, once this happens, the entire screen seems to be frozen - nothing happens when clicking on any icon. The only way out of this is to refresh the page.

Any suggestions?

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Problem adding new contacts
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 03:13:17 PM »
first off DreamHost has problems with roundcube, so that may be part of it, Do you have any thing in your error log?

Offline vslacks

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 06:50:25 PM »
Well, now that I'm home, it looks like the problem is not with Dreamhost (I followed the instructions that someone had posted on the Dreamhost Wiki to ensure that I accounted for DH's quirks) because the Add/Edit Contact functionality works fine here. The only difference is that I was accessing RC behind my firewall at work - is it likely that this was the cause of the problem?

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 04:50:16 AM »
It may be, What is your firewall at work? Can you try it in firefox at work?