Author Topic: Delete and Next/Preview Pane  (Read 6702 times)

Offline vslacks

Delete and Next/Preview Pane
« on: August 04, 2006, 11:09:04 AM »
One feature I'd love to see is the ability to set a preference that deleting a message from the full message view window would automatically advance you to the next message. Right now, it's annoying that deleting a message returns you to the main message list.

I definitely also think that a preview pane would be an awesome addition. Plus one click opening of messages would be more consistent with the fact that the cursor changes to a hand when you hover over a message (indicating a link - normally a one click action).

Offline jbouklas

Re: Delete and Next/Preview Pane
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 10:29:42 PM »
A preview pane would be a great addition to Roundcube.

(I'm a brand new user, and I must say I'm thoroughly impressed as it is- once the feature set is complete, RC is going to be one mean email system.)

-Jim

Offline jrmy

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 03:22:36 AM »
Well I have been messing around with a theme (for about 20min) and I have a working pane system.

I could not find any documentation on how the template system works (hell,I couldn't find any coding documentation at all) so and I have yet to play around with the source code enough to get it to function as I would like it to.

It seems to work as of right now.

Down sides are:

-You must double click to open a new message. That should not be too hard to change I must just dive into the source code a bit.
-When you open a message it no longer shows as selected above.
-The whole pages refreshes instead of just the info in the message pane.
-I am not sure how the deletion and such will be handled. I am afraid to test it out with my real email account. :P
-Sizes need to be adjusted.
-The panes are not resizeable(sp?) Some javascript trickery will be needed for that.

Click here to see an image of it.

If anyone would like the CSS to pull this off let me know and I will post it. You will want to play with the sizing to fit your resolution. :)

[EDIT]
Oh yeah you can ignore the strange colors and such. That is just me missing around.
[/EDIT]

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 04:44:44 AM »
Yes this is needed but there needs to be an option, I tryed it at one time and din't like it...