Author Topic: How to create Default Folders in Roundcube 0.1 Stable?  (Read 12456 times)

Offline krazeguy

How to create Default Folders in Roundcube 0.1 Stable?
« on: March 10, 2008, 12:15:26 AM »
Hi there, I was just wondering how I can set my Round Cube client to automatically create Trash, Sent, Junk folders.

I have noticed in the stable released this 'feature' was removed but it is essential for my clients.

Can anyone please help me on this?

Cheers

Keywords for future search: round cube missing default folders, missing trash, missing sent items, can't move, can not move, automatically create sent items and trash, imap not creating folders

Offline methilnet

Re: How to create Default Folders in Roundcube 0.1 Stable?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 01:11:28 AM »
sent, trash and junk are usually auto create when needed by roundcube webmail.

Try to send a mail and keep a copy, the sent folder should be auto created. If not have a look at your imap log sometime isnt working properly with your imap service.

Offline btcentral

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 08:38:10 AM »
Quote from: methilnet
sent, trash and junk are usually auto create when needed by roundcube webmail.

This is not true for 0.1-stable by default.

@krazeguy - For some reason with 0.1-stable they added this option to main.inc.php

Code: [Select]
// automatically create the above listed default folders on login
$rcmail_config['create_default_folders'] = FALSE;

By default, when you create a new account, it no longer creates the default folders, to solve this change FALSE to TRUE.

Code: [Select]
// automatically create the above listed default folders on login
$rcmail_config['create_default_folders'] = TRUE;

In my opinion this should be true by default... I thought I had broken something with one of my modifications until I noticed this option in the configuration.

Enjoy,
BTCentral
http://www.btcentral.org.uk - Cheap, Top Quality Web-design.

Offline methilnet

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 10:30:37 AM »
This is not true for 0.1-stable by default.
oup didn't notice that new option!

New option also mean testing to see how it really work.
So here is the result.

If it is set to TRUE:
  • The folders in the menu to the left are displayed
  • Nothing is created physically inside the mailbox folder.
  • Physical folder are auto created as needed

If it is set to FALSE:
  • Only the Inbox folder is displayed
  • Menu on the left is refresh with the new folder automatically.

Currently set to FALSE by default and it the best behavior because the mailbox might be already populated with a set of default and personal folders from an email client like Thunderbird, MS Outbreak that can conflict with the auto create feature.

Offline btcentral

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 09:55:26 AM »
Quote from: methilnet
If it is set to FALSE:

Currently set to FALSE by default and it the best behavior because the mailbox might be already populated with a set of default and personal folders from an email client like Thunderbird, MS Outbreak that can conflict with the auto create feature.

Not true, if it is set to default on a new IMAP account, if you click delete it will fail to due to not being able to find the Deleted Items folder.

As for the default behavior, that may be true, however this is a web-mail client - and if you create a new IMAP account and then log into it using roundcube with the option set to false it can be rather confusing as it seems it doesn't want to work correctly - I use POP3/SMTP in my email client(s) and IMAP for webmail.

Cheers,
BTCentral
http://www.btcentral.org.uk - Cheap, Top Quality Web-design.

Offline methilnet

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 03:35:11 PM »
Last reply about that.

I took the time to test the feature once again with hMailServer, MailEnable, Mailsite and RoundCube.
I did my test with windows only server because i dont have any linux test server at work.

With the option set to FALSE or TRUE
The physical folder are created automatically when needed by RoundCube.

Does the feature working as intended or not? It the real question imo.

Not true, if it is set to default on a new IMAP account, if you click delete it will fail to due to not being able to find the Deleted Items folder.

Who is reporting the Deleted Items could not be found? RoundCube or your imap host?
Did you look into the imap host log to see what going on?
Maybe the create command is not sent properly to the imap server by roundcube imap lib and/or maybe your imap service isn't fully imap compliant. I dont know what going on here just tossing possibilities around so you can put the finger on the problem.

Offline krazeguy

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 10:45:40 PM »
Thanks for the replies. When set to True all the folders are automatically created on the server.