Author Topic: Slightly OT: vacation/out-of-office alternatives  (Read 5437 times)

Offline roymcmorran

Slightly OT: vacation/out-of-office alternatives
« on: March 12, 2008, 10:33:48 AM »
Hi all,

We have migrated from Squirrelmail to Roundcube, and by and large the users love RC. One thing RC lacks though is an "out-of-office" function; ie. something like the "vacation" plugin that Squirrel has. In fact, I've had to keep the Squirrel alive so that people can set their out-of-office messages from there.

So my question (to people who may have faced this issue) is: what are you using for the out-of-office function? Most of my users are not going to log on to the mail server and type '/usr/bin/vacation'! So I'm looking for something web based. I don't mind if it's not integrated with Roundcube, in fact I'd prefer it that way because many users are on Thunderbird, Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.

Thanks for any help you might provide.
Cheers,
Roy
Roy McMorran
Bar Harbor, ME

Offline doni49

Re: Slightly OT: vacation/out-of-office alternatives
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »
I haven't used this myself but I have come across this thread........

http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2596.0

Offline roymcmorran

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:35:32 AM »
Hi; thanks for the reply. Yes, I saw that too, but it seems to rely on Windows COM and hMailServer, and we are on Unix here. Still looking ;-)

Cheers,
Roy
Roy McMorran
Bar Harbor, ME

Offline bjer

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:57:59 AM »
Quote from: roymcmorran
Hi; thanks for the reply. Yes, I saw that too, but it seems to rely on Windows COM and hMailServer, and we are on Unix here. Still looking ;-)

Cheers,
Roy

I'm also looking for this, should not be that hard to integrate a sieve gui into roundcube - has anyone done this?

Offline roymcmorran

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 09:12:57 AM »
At present I'm looking at GNARWL (see http://www.home.unix-ag.org/patrick/index.php?gnarwl) which looks like a good fit for our (Postfix MTA & LDAP) environment. Guess I'll need to create a user front-end for it though, which in my case will probably be independent of Roundcube.

Cheers,
Roy
Roy McMorran
Bar Harbor, ME