Author Topic: Am I missing something?  (Read 4505 times)

Offline Stellavision

Am I missing something?
« on: March 19, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »
This latest version of Roundcube doesn't seem very stable to me, or am I missing something?
I would really like to be able to use this email client but so far I have the following problems with this latest release:

a) Clicking on all my imap folders shows nothing. Ie, they all appear empty, which they are not. I then have to click on the rhs email tab to be able to see the contents of my inbox again!

b) Messages do not delete. I delete a message, it dissappears, I click on another folder, see nothing, get back to inbox, deleted messages re-appear!

I have posted these problems in the bugs section but so far nothing has been acknowledged. I have installed and uninstalled three times with no joy and it is now doing my head in.
To restore my faith in the potential of Roundcube could someone please acknwoldege these problems and suggest possible fixes.

Offline LeeUmm

Re: Am I missing something?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »
I'm having pretty much all the same problems. I posted the same type of topic, hoping for some help.

At least I know it's not just me. I was starting to get pretty frustrated thinking it was a setting in the config I hadn't changed.

I'll just keep using RC1 until they address this, cause clearly it is a problem. I've seen numerous topics on it with no help.

Offline marce60

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:16:48 AM »
Did you guys try changing the 'enable_caching' property in your config/main.inc.php file?

Offline methilnet

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 09:26:18 AM »
Also giving more infos on your setup may help as well.
IIS or Apache? etc etc etc

Offline LeeUmm

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 01:54:35 PM »
Yes I've tried disabling the cache and still nothing. I can run rc1 fine with no problems with the cache enabled.

In addition to the issues posted in the first topic, I can't delete folders. I posted a whole topic on this a few topics down.

I'm running CentOS 4 and Apache 2.2.x with PHP 5 and mySQL 5.

I tried upgrading from rc1 with no success. I didn't run any mysql update as I don't believe there was anything to do.

Offline till

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 04:59:24 PM »
Logfiles.

Offline marce60

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 11:34:26 PM »
Ok, I got it fixed!.

This past Friday I requested my server manager techs to upgrade Roundcube from rc2 to 0.1-stable. All the problems described by Stellavision were present. We went thru all the installation settings and everything seemed ok, re-installed Roundcube with a fresh install. No change. Put a ticket with Roundcube (see attached response). Finally, from the forums (http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2368.0) I got this, which I tried reluctanly and to my surprise, it worked:

OK, it looks like it's something to do with the header check in index.php for AJAX requests.

This statement to be exact:

Code:
// check client X-header to verify request origin
if ($OUTPUT->ajax_call)
{
 if (empty($CONFIG['devel_mode']) && !rc_request_header('X-RoundCube-Referer'))
 {
  header('HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found');
  die("Invalid Request");
 }
}

Commenting out the check on the devel_mode and request header fixed the problem for me. Could it be due to the web server environment used? I don't think it can be browser based as I've tested with Firefox, IE 6/7 and Safari here, albeit only on Windows.

From my tech guy I got this:

Integrating Roundcube into cPanel requires a few modifications due to the differences between cpsrvd and Apache.

The header verification has been disabled. The cpsrvd daemon does not behave the same way Apache does and recent modifications to the way cPanel handles PHP may also be contributing to the problems.

The error was due to the new check that was not able to work correctly when used with cpsrvd.

I hope this helps you guys and I hope Roundcube takes note of this issue with cPanel 11.

Offline LeeUmm

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 01:02:06 AM »
Great!

That worked for me too as I was also running cPanel 11. That seems to be the issue and why so many users are reporting it. There is a conflict between the two.

Do you happen to know how to get the auto login working again? I've did a quick search but came up short. If a user goes to domain.com/webmail cpanel will bring up an authentication dialog box for user/pass. After logging in, they get to the cPanel webmail screen where they can choose which program to use. If you click on RC, it asks for the login details again.

Before I upgraded, it was working with -rc1. I had my tech originally install it, so they must have changed something to fix it. I'm not sure what it is.

Offline marce60

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »
Sorry I don't the details of how or what. I can only tell you that it can be fixed to work as it did with rc1 and rc2.  Same procedure should work.

Offline mibagict

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 03:22:01 AM »
I've the same problem like Stellavision.

b) Messages do not delete. I delete a message, it dissappears, I click on another folder, see nothing, get back to inbox, deleted messages re-appear!

I tried the fix in index.php and true/false by the caching flag , but nothing occurs. rcmail runs on a IIS6 with MySQL DB in the default configuration.

Does any one have a hint?

Greetings the bimper

Offline Stellavision

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 08:40:39 AM »
I have also done the fix in the index.php file which worked for me.
I posted this fix myself on another thread a couple of days ago. A response was posted which suggested that this fix was not reccommended and exposed you to vulnerabilities. However, I was so pleased to get Roundcube working that I am happy to leave it as it is for now. I don't really want to mess around with support tickets at the moment as they appear to suggest that you should be running php5, and I don't want to upgrade from php4 just yet.