Author Topic: Whats wrong - Your browser does not accept cookies...  (Read 16450 times)

Offline thejojk

Whats wrong - Your browser does not accept cookies...
« on: March 23, 2008, 03:33:20 PM »
I have search the forum about this problem, but haven´t found any solution here.
When I finally, got everything upp and configed then I can´t login because: "Your browser does not accept cookies".
I do accept any cookie. I have tried Firefox and safari (I´m on a Mac) but its the same problem...
What to do?!

Offline thejojk

Re: Whats wrong - Your browser does not accept cookies...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 07:22:10 AM »
Bump. Is there not anyone that have a solution for this problem?

Offline jimcavoli

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 03:16:39 AM »
Double check that your browser is actually accepting cookies. Safari's default works fine for me.
If that still doesn't work, try actually looking to see if RoundCube has set a cookie or not.
In Safari, that's under Preferences... > Security > Show Cookies.

Offline thejojk

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 03:21:36 PM »
I have set Safari to accept all cookies.
When I go to the login page one cookie is set. But when I try to login I get the message that "Your browser does not accept cookies". And no new cookie is set.
I don´t get it, everything looking right.

Offline jimcavoli

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 02:04:30 PM »
I can't reproduce this in Safari at all.
I've tried setting it not to accept any cookies, clearing out my RoundCube cookies, and then attempting to log in, but I never get the message that "Your browser does not accept cookies" it just kicks me back to login.

Offline Philippe23

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 09:43:33 AM »
Did you ever figure this out, jimavloi?

I'm seeing the same thing in a 0.1.1 install, but only when the webpage is served up on one of my virtual servers. On the virtual server I used to have it on, it worked fine. On a new one it punts with this error. I don't really know what the difference between the settings are on the two servers that might cause this cookie problem....

Offline Philippe23

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 09:47:53 AM »
I also noticed that I get the following at the top of the installer pages if I go to them:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/7thlake.com/secure/roundcube/installer/index.php:8) in /var/www/7thlake.com/secure/roundcube/installer/index.php on line 29

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/7thlake.com/secure/roundcube/installer/index.php:8) in /var/www/7thlake.com/secure/roundcube/installer/index.php on line 29

I haven't been to this page since I've just been upgrading RoundCube since I installed it manually a few version ago.

Offline Philippe23

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 09:51:11 AM »
Hmmm... I also am failing this test in the installer:

magic_quotes_gpc: NOT OK(is '1', should be '0')

It looks like this is supposed to be set to 0 by the .htaccess file in the root roundcube folder on the webserver, but it's not taking on the virtual server with the issues.

Offline Philippe23

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 10:43:49 AM »
Fixed the magic quote thing (moved to php5), but I'm still getting the same warning about headers already being close from the installer and still get the error about my browser not accepting cookies when trying to log in.

Offline Philippe23

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 11:25:06 AM »
Okay, now I'm wondering if this is a Browser thing. I'm having the problem on a Firefox 2.0.0.12 Linux install. I do not see this problem on a Firefox 2.0.0.13 WinXP install. It might also be some strange cookie thing, as my Windows Firefox Install always deletes all cookies and such on exit.

Offline Philippe23

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 11:36:33 AM »
I tried having Firefox drop all cookies and everything, but I still have the problem.

If I nuke my ~/.mozilla folder, I don't have this problem anymore from my Linux machine. So it's some strange state browser/cookie issue.

Now I just have to decide if the information that Firefox remembers for me is worth being able to log into roundcube from this machine....

Offline dhavalbsolanki

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 07:46:29 AM »
Hi,

I was facing same problem, then tried this change in config file,
------------------------------------
change in your "main.inc.php" file.

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost';

change with

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'your domain name';
------------------------------------

then try to open login page with your domain name

eg : http://your domain name/index.php

Hope this will work for you ..... :)

Offline jimcavoli

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 04:39:37 PM »
Sorry for being out so long, guys, but dhavalbsolanki has actually raised an interesting point; if the domain or some other config setting is inconsistent, there may be a problem with the server setting or reading it's cookies, but that's equally a browser issue as a server issue, since it's the browser's responsibility to send the requested cookie back.
Honestly, very strange; thejojk - did your error get cleaned up as a result of this thread, or is it still happening?

Offline Simsen

Same problem?
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 02:39:39 AM »
Hi. Just letting you know that I keep getting redirected back to the log in page on one of my computers. I have just changed

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = "mail.host.com";

to

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = "host.com";

I'll let you know if it that did the trick when I get back to the "offending" computer.

Cheers all.

And thanks for a very promising web mail solution.

Offline Galerius

Whats wrong - Your browser does not accept cookies...
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 03:23:24 AM »
I also have the same problem. Neither in Firefox (v3.0.4) or in Internet Explorer (v7) it works, but in Google Chrome it works like a charm...

And the solutions above here doesn't work either. So frustrating that it doesn't work. :(