Poll

On a scale of 1-5, how would your rate the current stable release of Roundcube?

133 (30.3%)
222 (50.6%)
65 (14.8%)
14 (3.2%)
5 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 214

Author Topic: Rate Roundcube from 1-5  (Read 137621 times)

Offline NaiosKae

Re: Rate Roundcube from 1-5
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 07:25:31 AM »
Vote a 4+, It's a really nice project, Some features needs to be finalized, like ldap adressbooks manager, some have to be added (mail filtering fo instance). It is the most user compliant project I've seen for the moment.

Really good job.

Offline daashag

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 08:37:53 AM »
I give it a 4+ as well. Especially when you compare it to the alternatives. I know there is talk about it, but I would like to see and I think it would really get this project to a new level is getting a plugin system in place, sort of like squirrel mail. Just my two cents. Thanks again for a great product.

Offline Therac-25

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 01:14:46 AM »

5. Does everything I need right now (I use it at work as an IMAP client). We had Horde IMP setup, but, god, that thing has a horrible UI.

Really, right now, I don't need any more features than what's there.

Offline SnakeNuts

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007, 06:01:13 AM »
As (I'm guessing here) so many, I came to Roundcube through googling for "Squirrelmail alternative". I really hope this is going somewhere, and when I get some time besides work/server admin/playing silly games, I will look into contributing myself.

Keep it up!

Offline eboxnet

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 07:10:25 AM »
fantastic client i installed it allready in 4 domains.
good work

Offline spite

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 10:57:19 AM »
As an ISP website/management/system developer and network engineer, I have spent 5 years looking for a decent 'light' yet feature packed and functional webmail system.

When I saw the version at 0.1 .... I was like hrmm...... what have I got to lose?

All I can say is hands down, this is the best web mail client I have ever seen. The only product that has more 'user' features is @mail, and that's a great product also.

Kudos to all that develop this software, I take my hat off to you and I will watch this community very closely.

I am currently working on integrating this client more seemlessly with a Postfix/MySQL virtual hosting environment and will hopefully be able to return the favour with some plugins and functionality.

10 out of 5.

Offline hdms

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 03:03:57 AM »
I voted 4.

rc is extremely nice looking, a modern webmail put simply. But for a full blown 5 from me it needs som additions (ability to search BODY of messages for instance as well as better handling of messages forwarded in HTML just to mention a few matters)

This is indeed really nice work, I will watch closely for new releases/feature additions

Offline greatcan

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 01:08:40 PM »
Voted 4.

ITS AWESOME!!!
The only thing I don't like is that:
 - I can't sort the emails (read the forums and they say its my mail server. But my host is 1and1 and I don''t know what to do
 - While sending an email you can't add bold, italic, pictures, or anything like that (HTML)
 - The address book doesn't sync with the on in 1and1
 - There's no filtering options (1and1 doesn't have any too, their mail client kinda sucks)
 - Can't look at my address book while composing an email
 - Can't select more than 1 contact from my address book to send them an email

BUT I LOVE IT!, I tried the latest SVN revision but that its not working well. So I'll just wait for another Beta, please hurry

:D :D

Offline Iron Mountain

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2007, 02:51:53 PM »
Roundcube is a great, light mail client. I also gave it a 4 due to the lack of features.

But the UI is intuitive and the use of Ajax provides a polished experience.
Iron Mountain Solar Powered Hosting with RoundCube
http://www.imountain.com

Offline danne

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2007, 09:39:17 AM »
I give it a 4. Could have been a 5 if it was faster but it's still a lot slower then Squirrelmail. External mail fetch would also help.

Offline ymartin

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 09:44:24 PM »
I use Open Webmail for years... but I love this one.

I will give 5 for the idea, clean interface, very impressed by the hi-speed interface (and I have 7 years of emails archives...)...

and 4 for functionality (few small bugs and need some options like sort by read/unread email, and a very useful one : files management in the email interface, etc.)

... I love it !

yves,
Canada
---
Yves,
Canada

Offline marqpdx

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2007, 05:24:27 PM »
I voted 4.

The most key missing feature is the ability to sort by read/unread status. i have many accounts, with varying degrees of attention by me, so sometimes unreads pile up and slip down the list.

could change my habits, but i guess i'm not that smart :)

best,
m

Offline sriram.bandi

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2007, 01:37:27 AM »
developers and designers did wonderful job. Expecting more features in the coming versions.

my rating as of now is 4/5

can any one tell me how can we change the password after logging in?
I didn't find that option in preferences.

Thanks in advance

Offline igor

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2007, 06:05:13 AM »
my rating 4/5

missing things in Roundcube

-dereferr of extern Links (made my own, but its terrible because it will not work under SSL domains)
 -mark messages as read/unread
 -filter messages
 -Calendar for Roundcube (missing plugin API)
 -Adressbook could be nicer
 -"hacking" the code for installing Skins, is terrible. If there is a skin folder, there must be a chance to choose the skin easaly (not by editing the main.php ;-) )

Offline TechArea

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2007, 05:56:49 PM »
I think Round Cube is a good program but it will never be found on hosting offerings, as long as it's not an agenda/calendar function, as well as more contacts among entries (possibly with picture) contains ... a possibility to change the passwords ... (cUrl basis-fopen is often not possible! Safe Mode ...) and it must follow standards such as iCal, etc.
Also it must have a full import/export function!

Excuse my bad english im from CH ;)

The same on German:

Ich finde RoundCube ist ein gutes Programm aber es wird nie auf Hosting Angeboten zu finden sein, solange es nicht eine Agenda/Kalender funktion hat, sowie mehr Einträge unter Kontakte (evtl. mit Bild) enthält..., eine Möglichkeit zum ändern des passwords... auf (cUrl basis - fopen ist oft nicht möglich! Safemode...) und es muss standards befolgen wie z.B. iCal, etc.
Ebenfalls muss es eine vollumfängliche import/export Funktion haben!