Author Topic: Roundcube connects to only one mail server  (Read 2992 times)

Offline syljms

Roundcube connects to only one mail server
« on: April 06, 2008, 09:34:45 AM »
I had installed rc stable using roundcubemail-01.tar on say, server X, and it is working fine for all mail boxes on Server X.

I have mail accounts on other Mail Servers too. To be able to logon to those Servers, I have set default_host in main.inc.php as $rcmail_config['default_host'] = ''; when I point my browser to Roundcube folder, it opened up with 3 input boxes, User Name, Password and Server as it is supposed to be.

If I enter all details relating to an email ID existing on the Server where roundcube is installed, everything works fine. If enter details of an email account existing on another server (other than the one where RC is installed), I get the error 'Connection to IMAP Server failed'

The error file in logs dir contains following:-

[06-Apr-2008 09:24:31] PHP Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to finestdns.com:143 in /home/thecyber/public_html/rc/program/lib/imap.inc on line 464
[06-Apr-2008 09:24:31 -0400] IMAP Error: Could not connect to finestdns.com at port 143: Connection timed out

If I install RC on finestdns.com server and try to logon to same mail ID which gave above error, it goes through fine as that mail ID exists on finestdns.com and RC is also working on same server ! From here also, I am not able to logon to other servers.

I will be glad to receive your assistance in solving this issue.

Sylvia

Offline iammaxus

Re: Roundcube connects to only one mail server
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 07:42:33 PM »
I appear to have the same problem though I cannot confirm that I cannot connect to any nonlocal servers.

Offline Akerbos

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 01:56:38 AM »
Perhaps you have give a more verbose username to roundcube than to your provider's "native" webmailer. The latter may append a string by default.

Offline syljms

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 09:29:15 AM »
Can you suggest me an example of a more verbose user name ? right now I am using full email ID as user name, example xyz@abc.com, password for this account and abc.com in the 3 fields RC opens up with.

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated