Author Topic: Export roundcube sender identities  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Webhalla

Export roundcube sender identities
« on: August 16, 2019, 11:27:38 AM »
Hi,

My internet service provider XS4All.nl will upgrade their mailservers soon. They have provided a solution to export and import contacts in their Roundcube webmail. However they can not support the export and import of Roundcube sender identities. It seems I have to manually enter them in the new system. This is a time consuming and error prone task as all the identity names, e-mail from, reply to and signatures must be copied one by one.

Is there a quick script to export Roundcube sender identities to a flat file and import them again to the new Roundcube webmail?  Would be great if you could provide this as a upcoming WUI feature.

Kind regards,
Johan

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Export roundcube sender identities
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 01:08:47 PM »
You need access to the database behind your installation of Roundcube to export that data. I think the reason the functions do not exist in the front end is because identities are Roundcube specific. So any export file would not mean anything to any other system. The same is not true for contacts where CSV and vCard formats are widely used.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline Webhalla

Re: Export roundcube sender identities
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 04:36:38 AM »
Hello JohnDoh,

Thank you for your answer,

Would be nice to get a download function of all the personal data contained in the product RoundCube.

However I understand if my ISP won't give access to their maildatabase to export the data.

Have to reside to copy 'n' paste then.

Thank you for your effort.
Johan