Author Topic: adding multiple recipients from address book  (Read 8225 times)

Offline jan.gestre

adding multiple recipients from address book
« on: August 07, 2006, 03:41:59 AM »
is this possible i.e., adding multiple recipients from the address book when writing a message? i tried doing this but i can only add one contact.

Offline yllar

Re: adding multiple recipients from address book
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 07:15:10 AM »
Quote from: jan.gestre
is this possible i.e., adding multiple recipients from the address book when writing a message? i tried doing this but i can only add one contact.
yes
type some letters -> arrows to select-> enter ->type some lett...

using latest svn
irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/#roundcube

Offline Red5

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 09:59:29 AM »
Is there a shortcut to bring up a list of all contacts when selecting recipients?

Offline yfastud

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 02:26:45 PM »
go to address book and highlight contacts to add.
Hope this help.

Offline Scubes13

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 03:45:59 PM »
Dunno about you, but I can not go to the Address Book, select multiple entries and then generate an email with the TO: field populated from those selections. In fact, I cannot go to the Address Book and select multiple entries at all. If I click from one to another, while even playing with the CTRL or SHIFT keys, I only can select one at a time.

Even while composing a message, I see no way to do a multiple selection. The only route is to manually begin typing a contact, press enter, begin typing another, press enter, and so on.

This would be nice to be able to do. (IE - perhaps even pop-up a window just showing a list of contacts and putting a check in a check-box by each name I want to add to a field - such as To, Cc, Bcc, etc.)

Kevin L.

Offline jan.gestre

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 08:49:37 PM »
this is what i've been experiencing, i can only highlight and copy one contact at a time, ctrl or shift keys don't work, most of the time the i need to email 20 recipients simultaneously from my address book, the only workaround i can think of right now is to have a seperate address book and copy it from there. i hope the guys would fix this feature in roundcube.

Offline jan.gestre

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 09:41:26 PM »
although yllar's tip is good but it would be better if we could add recipients directly from the address book

Offline jan.gestre

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 09:56:59 PM »
i tested the demo at roundcube, selecting multiple recipients from the address book using ctrl key works, i wonder why mine's is not working :-[ is a configuration that needs to be change for it to work?

TIA