Author Topic: HTML emails are blank?  (Read 5394 times)

Offline bobpullen

HTML emails are blank?
« on: September 12, 2019, 12:51:04 PM »
Hi all,

Looking for a bit of guidance on how to troubleshoot this one as I'm out of ideas.

Fresh install of 1.4-rc1 and almost everything seems to be working OK, however whenever I click an HTML email in the message list, all that is displayed in the body of the message in the preview pane is a blank white frame. If I view the message source, it's all there an intact, and if I elect to display all messages in plain text I can see the raw HTML. I can't see anything of relevance in any of the Apache logs but when I check the developer console in a browser, I can see some CSS errors starting with...

Code: [Select]
Source map error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL: https://domain.tld/skins/elastic/deps/bootstrap.min.css?s=1550069270
Source Map URL: bootstrap.min.css.map

Not sure if that's a red herring or not though.

Any ideas on where I can start looking with this one? It happens whether I'm using the elastic or larry skin.

TIA.

Edit: Seems that some HTML emails do actually render, minus images though. Looks like some sort of problem displaying image content  ???
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:00:01 PM by bobpullen »

Offline bobpullen

Re: HTML emails are blank?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 08:32:49 AM »
So, on closer inspection, it seems that the browser is electing to ignore HTML content entirely:-

Anyone seen this before? If I view source, copy the output to a text file, save and reopen it, then the HTML renders perfectly fine.

Offline bobpullen

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 08:47:25 AM »
Fixed it.

I'd (roughly) followed the installation guide here, where it (incorrectly) suggests enabling a handful of PHP extensions:-

Then add extension=dom.so to the bottom of the extension block.

Removing this resolved the issue. FWIW, the two .dll extensions shouldn't be enabled either.

Offline syava_m

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 03:46:35 PM »
I've upgraded today from 1.3.9 to 1.4.0 and now have the same issue :( Not all, but more than a half of html email are blank. And I didn't add any extensions, just replaced the files and run the DB update script through the installer. Any ideas?

Offline syava_m

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 04:03:10 AM »
Any ideas? I really can't find any solution for the issue, and can't disable any php modules because of a shared hosting.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 12:13:14 PM »
And I didn't add any extensions, just replaced the files and run the DB update script through the installer.

Did you also run the composer updates?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline syava_m

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 06:45:42 AM »
It's a shared hosting - no access to composer. Will try to find out if any updates available and do it manually.